From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
|Users by language|
I've been a Wikipedian and Wikimedian since 2006. More about me on my English Wikipedia page.
My main current work (as relevant to Meta Wiki) is:
- I am currently serving as a member of the Wikimania 2013 jury, which is charged with determining where the Wikimania conference will be held in 2013.
- I planned an facilitated GLAMcamp DC, along with Lori Phillips and Sarah Stierch. The event took place February 2012.
- Organizing Meta Wiki: I've been organizing the content on this wiki, notably the Places and Wikimedia by year category trees, as well as some specific areas like Chapters committee resolutions.
Ongoing/back burner projects 
- Gender gap: I'm concerned about the disparity between male and female contributors to our projects. I'm on the Gendergap email list, and often on the IRC chat channel. I do my best to put in effort when good ideas come up.
- Wikimania: This is the central information source about an annual event that is tremendously important to our movement. I've tried to make it more useful to the reader, and will probably continue working on it. Of particular interest: the proposal for a Wikimania Advisory Group.
- WikiPods: Frank Schulenburg, my former boss at the Wikimedia Foundation, started this page to collect ideas for small, local outreach projects. I've done a lot of this sort of work, and will try to keep building this page as time permits.
- /Customer service: Trying to think through how our excellent customer service team presents itself to Wikimedians and readers. Your input welcome.
- I've also done a fair amount of work on the Outreach wiki as well, which is closely related to my work here on Meta.
Past projects 
- Worked on the FAQ about the English Wikipedia's 2012 blackout in protest of SOPA, as well as the press release (link when posted).
- I helped Sarah Stierch with her Women & Wikimedia Survey 2011.
Interesting pages 
- Planet Wikimedia: A great place to find blogs by Wikimedians and Wikipedians.
- Public speakers: I've done many presentations on Wikipedia, and enjoy doing them. But I stay off this list -- in the absence of any meaningful guidelines about who can be listed there and how, I don't think it's useful, and would rather not be listed there.
- Foundation wiki feedback: This is a good page to monitor, and a good resource for offering feedback.
- IRC office hours: These IRC discussions can be fun, informative, and a good opportunity to connect with other Wikipedians and Metamedians.
- Foundation reports Monthly reports from WMF, as well as Board meeting minutes, etc.