User talk:Fabrice Florin (WMF)
It's been a year since your WMF account was created, congrats! I came by to ask you to categorize new pages you create. It helps make Meta more organized and easier to navigate. Thank you. PiRSquared17 (talk) 02:25, 25 June 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you, PiRSquared17! I have added categories to these roundtable pages, as requested. Please let me know if these work for you. Cheers Fabrice Florin (WMF) (talk) 15:31, 25 June 2013 (UTC)
user group "afttest-hide" on dewiki
Hello Fabrice Florin, I have seen, that your account on dewiki is assigend to the group "afttest-hide". It is possible to remove your account from the group? The AFTv5 will be disabled on dewiki and the group will removed. It is cleaner, when nobody is in a user group, when the group is removed. Have you control over the account de:User:Aft5hide or know the people behind that? The group should also removed from there.
If possible, please also remove your sysop rights than the local community has a better overview about local sysops. This should also be done for User:Aft5hide and User:Aft5monitor. Thank you. 22.214.171.124 19:54, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for your note, which is much appreciated. We are in the process of removing these AFT groups from the German Wikipedia now. Best regards. Fabrice Florin (WMF) (talk) 18:30, 12 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Tomasz, Thanks for following up. I am sorry that your current setup prevents you from participating in our Roundtables on Google Hangouts.
- To address this issue, we would like to schedule an office hours chat on IRC next week with a larger group of Commonists or Wikipedians like you, who would like to contribute to this process as well. I will post publicly about this event and our multimedia planning process in coming days, as soon as we have a few planning docs up on-wiki. An on-wiki discussion will also be started along with that post and related planning doc, by early next week.
- I want to make it clear that this Roundtable program is intended to complement existing communication channels, not to supplement them. It helps us to have a focused discussion with small groups of experienced contributors in a high-bandwith multimedia setting, but it is not meant to replace other modes of collaboration with our community.
- For now, you can see the report on our last Roundtable meeting here.
- Thanks again for your interest, and to be continued. Fabrice Florin (WMF) (talk) 18:28, 12 July 2013 (UTC)
Ping for 2 Roundtable questions
Question(s) for you
Translation of Help:Notifications
Hello! Is there already a translation of this page? On Meta, we prefer having useful things like that translated when possible; however, I would hate to mark for translation a page already translated on MediaWiki.org. Is there already a multilingual help page for Echo? Thanks, PiRSquared17 (talk) 17:38, 28 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi PiRSquared17, thanks for checking in about translating our help page. I have started this generic Notifications Help page on MediaWiki.org, but I am not sure how to get it translated. Do you know how I could go about requesting a translation for it? It seems better to translate that generic version, rather than the Meta version, which contains specific references and links to Meta. Let me know what you recommend. Fabrice Florin (WMF) (talk) 06:14, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- See this. By the way, answer this. PiRSquared17 (talk) 23:07, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
Hello after 2013 Wikimania Hong Kong
Hello Fabrice! This is SoHome whom you have met during 2013 Wikimania Hong Kong. Wish we would have further discussion and collaboration about Wikimedia projects and Wikipedia articles in the future! --SoHome Jacaranda Lilau (talk) 06:40, 14 August 2013 (UTC)
MediaViewer on-wiki definitions of modes
I recall that during the Media Viewer consultation, a few people showed interest in having layouts different from what readers like. I participated and added notes to the effect of it being possible to define new modes (in addition to full screen and light box) on-wiki, using some sort of templates. (HTML markup with $filename, $licencename, and the like inserted all over the place.) This is in line with how people can already edit majority of the wiki interface (sidebar, templates, edit notices, central notices). I don't see this suggestion in the planned improvements list... --Gryllida 05:00, 15 September 2014 (UTC)