User talk:Jimbo Wales
Better to not leave messages for me here, because I don't always look at meta. Put them on en:User talk:Jimbo Wales
- For purposes of this specific topic, I think an essay on "Brick Wall" may yet be needed. You might also look at Wikipedia:WP:Activist at some point, I fear. The larger issue is - can Wikipedia surmount apparent sophomoric anti-reform editing styles? In a way, you may have greater strength of voice without a title than with one :). Collect 11:16, 10 January 2011 (UTC)
- Every single attempt at improving the essay gets reverted. A very simple way for ownership of the eesay to be maintained, indeed. Collect 01:39, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
- Mine are the same - banned and reverted. See at https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciaal:Bijdragen/184.108.40.206 I am legitimate Ziggo user and I am severely abused. Please intervene. Administrators simply break repetitively Don't be a dick essay message.
Meta RfC dealing with a desysop you once made 
A Meta RfC can be found here dealing with a user you desysopped, resysopped, then had him quit then gain back his administrator rights only to use them to ignore community consensus has been started. Your input on dealing with his administrator abuse would be appreciated. Ottava Rima (talk) 22:48, 12 January 2011 (UTC)
Possible venture 
Mr. Wales, I represent a University and am trying to reach your office regarding a possible partnership. Unfortunately, no number is listed for the Wikimedia Foundation in California, so I'm finding it difficult to contact you. I've sent an email to the address you list here, is there another way I could get in touch with you?
- This page shows the telephone number to be +1-415-839-6885. Regards, fr33kman 19:36, 10 August 2011 (UTC)
Administrators In Wikipedia Abusing Powers 
I tried getting through to you on wikipedia with a vandalism report I had, but some WikiAdmins mistook me as a troll and block all my access. I really want you to read my report: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Jimbo_Wales&oldid=456851638 (Bottom of the page). I redacted the legal threat because I realized that it wasn't Wikipedia's fault as an organization—it was probably a lobby of editors who felt the same way about one person. Here you can find my redacting statement: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Yahya_Al-Shiddazi. On the same page, they were accusing me of vandalizing, but in my report I clarify everything. I've been really trying to reach you, so it would mean a lot to me if you can personally respond. Thank you so much. By the way, I am a really big fan of all your projects. - 220.127.116.11 19:24, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- Mr. Wales, I am yet awaiting your reply. What the belligerents mentioned above commited is an act of injustice and can contribute to misuse of trust...Please at least indicate you've read through all the compilation I've gather for you. Thank you. 18.104.22.168 12:47, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
- I second you. 2A01:7B8:2011:CBD3:0:0:7A9:ADAB 20:39, 3 March 2013 (UTC)
A dysfunctional Wikipedia 
Dear Jimbo Wales,
I would normally avoid bothering you with things such as this one, lest it be of utmost necessity. Please refer to this post of mine.
An entire Wikipedia seems to be in a whole mess of problems, being basically dysfunctional. This has been going on for quite some time (months, years maybe) and the time for this farce to end must finally come.
I hope you will be able to come forward to my request and rescue a problematic Wikipedia. Best greetings, --SavoRastko 20:58, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- Good point, SavoRastko. To everyone's surprise, this is not only going on in the Croatian Wikipedia, but even the English Wikipedia, as I discussed in my own report (previous section has the link to my report). I hope you are successful in defeating the censorship. The situation you quoted someone saying, "...the Project has been kidnapped by a tyrannical few in power, who lawlessly spread their dictatorship on that particular Wikipedia for quite some time by now; the sole policy and/or guideline being the absolute and final word of the several dominating Administrators" is exactly what happened in the English Wikipedia. I was also blocked, and my complaint was deleted. That's why I came here in hopes of contacting Mr. Wales while getting around some racism. There's still some hope. Let's work together to help protect Wikipedia from lobbyist and bias. You can contact me on my talk psge. - 22.214.171.124 22:12, 22 October 2011 (UTC).
- Not really a surprise, you might want to check The Wikipedia Review once in a while. Regards, Guido den Broeder 10:54, 25 October 2011 (UTC)
Maybe worth trying 
Hi Jimbo. Yesterday I came up with another design for the banner for the donation. I believe it worth trying because it is something different and hopefully more users would donate. The idea is to use images of cute animals, something like this:
I was photographed in Hawaii by a volunteer photographer. My image was uploaded to Wikipedia by a volunteer contributor. Another volunteers wrote article about me. My image is absolutely free. You may use it for your school projects, to print it, and to hang in your office and so on. But images and articles require lot's of space on servers, and servers cost some money. So, if you'd like to see more images of me, and more images like these ones and and please donate to Wikipedia today. Thank you.
More images of cute animals could be added. Maybe the more the better. So what do you think? I believe it worth trying. I am sure more people would act on something different. Cheers.--Mbz1 13:21, 23 November 2011 (UTC)
Proud to report 
Don't Bight The Ips 
What are you going to do about users being mean to Ips,treating them like their not welcome,cause it is almost like racism? May I suggest a WP:DON'TBITETHEIPS (Wikipedia:Don't Bight The Ips) 126.96.36.199 00:44, 5 April 2012 (UTC)
- Hi there. I know this was posted a couple of months ago so you'll probably never see my message, but the page you speak of does exist: en:Wikipedia:IPs are human too. Cheers! Jmajeremy (talk) 04:02, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
Funds Dissemination Interview 
What DO you think? 
Do you really think we need small wikis? if answer is No Great, just close all smaller wikis. if answer is YES please make some arrangements to make it happen. please read this. This is some action taken by a steward on si.wikipedia. which was an Desysop. This may be a correct action. but we have started a discussion & we are waiting for an update for months. THIS IS THE MAJOR PROBLEM we(small wiki) have. BIG Guys come & do something to to say that I'm active or I'm THE ONE. Then nothing happens. I've been de-sysop. That is not the problem Jimbo. I have tried to get finalized that matter. it will not. this shows to the world how wiki server for smaller wikis. you can put my words on any conference or anywhere. That doesn't be a problem if you are ready to fix these BIG BROTHER issues.
I think I'll get an answer from Jimbo not from others.
BR, /Bingu 09:55, 25 July 2012 (UTC)