Eversince the mankind formed, he had tried eating various things and now we are eating foods like Pizza, Burgers, e.t.c., There are Lakhs of dishes all around the world, each having its unique taste, culture and speciality. If a wiki is created with various recipes, everyone can access it from throughout the world and new recipes will be born. And unlike the other existing wikis, this may get more female participators.
Jayabharat (talk) 05:25, 31 January 2013 (UTC)
- Unlike the other existing wikis, this may get more female participators. It will bring up a fusion of many cultures. --Jayabharat (talk) 05:35, 31 January 2013 (UTC)
- I think it would be a good idea to splinter Recipes from WikiBooks because books and recipes to me seem different. Expanding one what [Jayabharat] said if we splintered them we could have Wiki wide gadgets for comparing nutritional information instead of a fractured system if only some articles were about recipes. --Macadamia1472 (talk) 09:24, 2 February 2013 (UTC)
- I would support this in a way even though it will never happen. If such a project were to be approved then the majority of content should come from Wikibook's Cookbook which I have made many edits to over the years. Wiki software needs to improve though for such a cookbook to ever be popular and competitive against the great number of non-wiki cooking websites out there.--Xania (talk) 13:52, 2 April 2013 (UTC)
- I was going to propose just the same thing, but I've seen someone has thought the same before me. I think it would be wonderful, a place to have every recipe of the world, and to be able to make a pizza, some special bread or a goulash. I would love this. --Alakrano (talk) 11:24, 9 August 2013 (UTC)
- Wrong information or some vandals may result in food poisoning and can sometimes results can even be fatal. --Jayabharat (talk) 05:47, 31 January 2013 (UTC)
- This already exists as the Cookbook, which is part of Wikibooks:. -- YPNYPN ✡ 15:26, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
- Well if it already exists I guess that settles the matter. --俺はバカ (talk) 13:24, 27 February 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose: you can just use Wikibooks... πr2 (t • c) 21:18, 1 April 2013 (UTC)
- Oppose: there is already a Wikia wiki about recipes and we already have wikibooks.
- Oppose. I really don't care about what vandals do to the recipes, as we have a risk disclaimer. But why not just improve the Cookbook namespace in Wikibooks? King jakob c 2 (talk) 14:17, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
- Some simple recipies may be helpful for many to prepare food for themselves. --Jayabharat (talk) 05:45, 31 January 2013 (UTC)
- If possible, nutritional Information can be added so that people can plan their diet. --Jayabharat (talk) 05:45, 31 January 2013 (UTC)
If it is not possible to have a separate Wiki, would it be possible to display a different logo or variant of the current Wikibooks logo, It would still be the same site (wikibooks) for logging in etc but would have it's own distinct identity, making a sort of sub website 220.127.116.11 14:01, 24 July 2013 (UTC)