From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
This page contains material from Wikimedia Australia that is not longer current, but may be of interest.
Earlier Documents 
These documents are not currently being considered, or are for reference only.
- A version of the rules which essentially writes our own rules at Wikimedia Australia/Draft Rules of Association for Victoria.
- Draft Constitution. Read the summary or full log.
- Draft Mission Statement
- Draft Rules
- Constitution planning - describes the kind of constitution we want to have initially at incorporation and beyond.
- Wikimedia Australia/Draft Constitution based on consensus. Read the summary or full log.
- Wikimedia Australia/Draft Constitution based on model rules from NSW
- Model rules for the state of NSW
- Proposals for an organisation group to look at the issues surrounding starting WMA are at Wikimedia Australia/Organisation Group.
Todo/Issues for Establishment 
Please discuss these on the Discussion page.
- Organisational structure: Should the chapter be an incorporated association, co-operative or a non-profit company?
- Obtaining an ABN: this can only be done once the above is done
- Establishment costs: Where will money to set the chapter up come from?
- Governing committee: How will the organisation be governed?
- Taxation: Would the chapter be eligible for income tax exemption and deductible gift recipient status.
- Fundraising: In NSW a fundraising licence is needed to solicit donations for some organisations. Would this apply to the chapter?