Translations of this page: es
This collaboration of the week is active as of Monday, April 4, 2005.
Goal: To create a coherent standard multilingual help for the MediaWiki software which runs all Wikimedia projects.
- Before you start writing your Help, make sure there is a "Help" namespace in your language here on Meta (see #Namespaces below). If not, put it in the list of open namespace requests, and Eloquence will set it up for you.
- Create a table of contents at your local equivalent of Help:Contents.
- Import help pages from Wikipedia. Be sure to respect the GNU FDL when doing so, e.g.:
- This page is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It is based on the page Wikipedia:How to edit a page on the English Wikipedia
- Remove Wikipedia-specific (or even Wikimedia-specific) references. Make sure that all links pointing outside the documentation are external links, so the help can be copied into any wiki without necessarily having InterWiki prefixes set up.
- Make sure that all pages share a standard header and footer template that can be used for custom text.
- All images should begin with a prefix: "Help_English_", "Hilfe_Deutsch_", etc., so that all images belonging to the help can be easily located.
The following namespaces are prepared for help pages in the various languages. Separate namespaces make it possible to use a script to extract all help pages in one language, so they can be copied and imported easily.
Language Help namespace Talk namespace Help contents --------------------------------------------------------------------------- English Help Help_talk Help:Contents German Hilfe Hilfe_Diskussion Hilfe:Inhalt French Aide Discussion_Aide Aide:Contenu Danish Hjælp Hjælp_diskussion Hjælp:Indhold Esperanto Helpo Helpa_diskuto Swedish Hjälp Hjälp_diskussion Spanish Ayuda Ayuda_Discusión Ayuda:Contenido Italian Aiuto Discussioni_aiuto Aiuto:Sommario Chinese 帮助 帮助 对话 帮助:目录 Japanese ヘルプ ヘルプ‐ノート Dutch NL_Help Overleg_help NL_Help:Inhoudsopgave Polish Pomoc Dyskusja_pomocy Pomoc:Spis treści Portuguese Ajuda Ajuda_Discussão Ajuda:Página principal Russian Помощь Помощь_Дискуссия Помощь:Содержание Norsk Hjelp Hjelp_diskusjon Hjelp:Innhold
Open namespace requests - these will be set up soon:
Please put non-existent namespaces here and not in the above list - preferably the name is the same as on local projects; however, additional identifiers like "CA" and "NL" have to be used if the namespace name already exists, for a clear separation in the database.
Catalan CA_Ajuda CA_Ajuda_Discussió (does not work:) CA_Ajuda:Contingut Finnish Ohje Keskustelu_ohjeesta Serbian Помоћ Помоћ_Разговор Помоћ:Садржај Irish Cabhair Plé_cabhrach Cabhair:Clár ábhair Estonian Juhend Juhendi_arutelu Juhend:Sisukord Hungarian Segítség Segítség_vita Segítség:Tartalom Afrikaans Hulp Hulp_bespreking Hulp:Inhoud
Votes and participants
The following people supported this collaboration of the week. If you would like, you can indicate what you are willing to do next to your username.
- Eloquence 08:15, 17 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- silsor 02:31, Mar 19, 2005 (UTC)
- MilesTeg 23:29, 20 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- MichaelDiederich 13:55, 21 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Kpjas 17:42, 21 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Estel 18:29, 21 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Angela 02:23, 23 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Nsh 03:00, 23 Mar 2005 (UTC) (Replaced anon sig, silly cookies)
- Waerth 04:02, 23 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- jimcognito50324 Z 10:23
- Fito leave me a message 18:52, 25 Mar 2005 (UTC) I'm willing to translate the (improved) help pages from English to Spanish once we're done with our goals.
- Gkhan 15:34, 27 Mar 2005 (UTC) (replacing anon sig, had forgot to log into wikimedia)
- Minh Nguyễn (talk, blog) – Vietnamese community will be willing to help. – 03:20, 31 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- François Obada 10:01, 4 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- DCLXVI 12:31, 4 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Sasa Stefanovic 16:54, 4 Apr 2005 (UTC) , Serbian Wiki will try to help
- Peleguer 10:59, 6 Apr 2005 (UTC), English and Valencian help
- Datrio 13:46, 9 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Inter 16:27, 9 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Guria 08:34, 14 Apr 2005 (UTC) Russian Help
- TheDJ 09:55, 22 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- Patrick 10:17, 22 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- AnyFile 15:56, 27 Apr 2005 (UTC) Italian Help, also ccordination of internationalization
- le Korrigan bla 19:08, 26 May 2005 (UTC) possibly some French translation. I'm late... never mind ?
- Mitano: Help with English-French translation
- --Renier Maritz 09:27, 3 August 2006 (UTC): Help with Afrikaans translation
- --Rpissardini 13:39, 6 November 2006 (UTC)Help with English-Portuguese translation.