2018 Revenue strategy/Paths
|This page is currently a draft. More information pertaining to this may be available on the talk page.
Translation admins: Normally, drafts should not be marked for translation.
“The future” will consist of an exploration of options to facilitate growth. For current models, we will work identify improvements with the online, foundations and major gifts and the endowment teams. For new models, we will work with external consultants to explore alternative revenue sources and scope them for cost and profit margin.
What are our possible paths?
- How can we improve our existing models?
- Online fundraising
- Major gifts & foundations
- What other models are viable?
- What are potential other revenue sources?
- Which ones are viable in terms of cost and benefit?
Strategy 0: Status quo
- Incremental improvements
- Growing the pie by expanding major gifts & grants
Strategy 1: Earned income
- Sell services or products
- Brand licensing
- Packaging the content into new formats, for new platforms
Strategy 2: Accelerating the Endowment
- Strategy for the endowment
Strategy 3: Creative philanthropy
- New frontiers
- Stacked financing
- Venture philanthropy, impact investing, patient capital, etc.
How to choose
- Structures and processes
- Capacity to absorb and spend
- Does it advance or hinder the mission?
- Does it strengthen or damage the brand?
- Historical Fundraising ideas
- Peer-to-peer fundraising