Affiliations Committee/Resolutions/Recognition Wikimedia MA User Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Recognizing Wikimedia User Groups is the responsibility of the Affiliations Committee;
- Wikimedia MA User Group has submitted an application for recognition, which has been reviewed by the Affiliations Committee;
- The scope of the group, which can be found on their meta page, is "* Contribute actively to the dissemination, improvement and advancement of free knowledge and culture through the development and distribution of encyclopedias, collections of quotations, books and other educational compilations of documents, especially in the languages spoken in Morocco (Arabic, Berber, French and English - depending on the needs), which are (1) available through Internet technologies and the like —provided the availability of data sources, the usage of free format, and the availability of the work which is not restricted by technical measures; (2) free, either by licensing conditions or limitations and scope of the rules governing copyright. In addition the group seeks to promote and support of the Wikimedia Foundation projects directly or indirectly, raise funds intended for such purposes, and maintain relations and cultural exchanges with other foreign, public or private entities and authorities."; and
- It is the opinion of the Affiliations Committee that the group meets the requirements for Wikimedia User Group status.
- Therefore be it resolved that Wikimedia MA User Group is recognized as a Wikimedia User Group for a one-year, renewable period, effective on 6 October, 2015.