Asia Mining Heritage Month 2020
Asian Mining Heritage Month 2020
- Organized by Gold Museum, New Taipei City Government
- Co-organized by Wikimedia Taiwan
- Join Asian Mining Heritage Month 2020 ,or submit here
What’s AMHM 2020?
Asian Mining Heritage Month 2020 is a Wikipedia Asia Month 2020 sub-contest launched by Gold Museum, New Taipei City Government.
We would like to invite every wikipedian to write and translate Wikipedia articles related to gold and copper mining in Asia. The topics can include geology, minerals, industrialtechnology, history, mine workers, settlements, cultural assets, and natural ecology, etc.
- Participant Guideline 1 :Translate at least one of Recommended Articles of Asian Mining Heritage Month 2020 in your language. (except in Chinese and English)
- Participant Guideline 2 :Create new articles relating to Asian Gold and Copper Mining Study in your language. (except in Chinese)
- November 1-30,2020
- Start for submissions: November 1, 2020 00:00 (UTC)
- Deadline for submissions: November 30, 2020 23:59 (UTC)
- Participants who create at least one article that fulfills the AMHM’ s rules will receive a special digital Postcard via email from Gold Museum, New Taipei City Government.
- Participants who submit the articles including at least one translation of the recommended AMHM’s articles will receive an additional paper postcard.
Recommended articles of Asian Mining Heritages 2020
Translate these recommended articles below, you will get a special digital postcard and an additional paper postcard!
- Jinguashi Mine
- Ōgon Shrine
- Shengping Theater
- Gold mining
- Gold panning
- Placer Mining
- Gold cyanidation
- Gold extraction
About articles rules of Asian Mining Heritages 2020
- Join Asian Mining Heritage Month 2020or submit here
- Create new articles relating to Asian Gold and Copper Mining Study (techniques, history, people, places, culture, etc.), 3,000 bytes and 300 words minimum, with sources, during November 2020. Lists do not qualify.
- Translate at least one of Recommended Articles of Asian Mining Heritage Month 2020 in your language. (exclude Chinese)
- The article should be about any topic concerning an Asian country.
- The article is newly created by you (i.e. not expanding stubs) between November 1, 2020 0:00 and November 30, 2020 23:59 (UTC).
- The article should be at least 3,000 bytes and at least 300 words in length (exclude Infobox, template etc.).
- The article should be informative. There must be no major issues with the article (no copyright violations, questions of notability, etc.).
- The article must fulfill the notability criteria set by the respective language Wikipedia.
- The article must have decent references; doubtful or controversial statements in the article should be verifiable by the citation(s) listed in that article.
- The article should not be a list. Exception: Creating a list that becomes a featured list counts. Only applies in Wikipedias that have featured lists.
- The article must not be purely machine translated and should be properly copy edited.