Assamese Wikisource Workshop, Guwahati/Feedback/Gitartha Kaushik
1. Please summarize your experience in this program in 2-3 sentences? (How was your experience, was it helpful? Be innovative! You may write in text, or upload a video/audio etc)
Ans: I believe, I am fortunate enough to be a part of the wikisource workshop. In the two days long programme, I have learned a lot on how to conserve our old copyrighted free literatures using some digital platforms. It's my primary step towards conservation of my language.Thank you again for selecting me as a member of Assamese wikisource community.
2. Please explain what went well during the workshop?(write in details, please)
Ans: "Friendship" is what I have earned and I am going to use that word while answering your question. We have met two resource persons from CIS, B'lore, and a number of friends from the various parts of Assam. We have learned together, we have digitized three books together and we have shared the joy of learning something new together. Actually we have learned the meaning of team work in that two days. So thank you again for organising such a beautiful workshop. I would like to congratulate Dr. Gitartha Bordoloi for the huge success.
3. Please explain what are the areas that can be improved and would you have liked to be different? (how could we improve the workshop, write in details, please)
Ans: I would definitely say about the duration. In future, kindly try to organize the workshop for a week so that we can go through each and every points about digitization, correction, uploading and sharing.
4. What did you learn in the program?
Ans : Before the workshop I was having zero knowledge on digitaztion. In the workshop, I have learned how to create a new page, how to edit the meta data, how we can upload an image, how we can cite an article in a page etc. I would definitely say, everything was new to me.
5. What learnings you gained from this program will you share with other community members and how?
Ans: In my previous answer I have already mentioned what I have learned in those two days . We all know that knowledge is to share ! I am also doing the same by using some social medias like facebook and whatsapp where I am sharing the books which we have uploaded in wikisource with my friends. I have also requested to some of my friends to raise their helping hands towards conservation of our language.
6. What are the future activities you wanted to plan after this event?
Ans: I am a researcher on fish biology and fisheries. The NE region of India is known as the global hotspot for freshwater fishes and still we have a very little information on that in Assamese. Apart from uploading some books to wikisource, I would like to make some species wise new pages in Assamese on fishes. I will be seeking your help during the final touch.
At last, thank you again for selecting me for the two days long workshop.