Association of Inclusionist Wikipedians/Schools
- 1 Members who believe that schools are inherently notable enough to be included in Wikipedia
- 2 Members who believe some standard is required to keep a school
- 3 List of schools that need IMMEDIATE vote attention
- 4 Could you please help protect this school article from unfair deletionists?
Members who believe that schools are inherently notable enough to be included in Wikipedia
- Posiduck 04:24, 27 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- ShaunMacPherson 20:01, 27 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- Factitious 21:05, 27 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- RaD Man (talk) 21:50, 27 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- Mark Richards 00:42, 28 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- Tmh 10:57, 28 Oct 2004 (UTC)
- FlorescentBulb May not be notable, but they belong anyway
- L33tminion 04:58, 30 Oct 2004 (UTC)- I agree with FB. Notability is often misused as a standard for deletion.
- Mero 22:16, 1 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Ronline 23:06, 5 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Agree with the sentiment that the term "notable" is not a good standard for deletion/inclusion, but now that this is changed to "notable enough to be included in Wikipedia" I'll sign it. Anthony DiPierro 17:05, 8 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- dml 22:42, 18 Nov 2004 (UTC) as long as the facts are verifiable and verified. A typical school has hundreds of students a year, thousands over the course of its history.
- Andylkl 20:35, 9 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- Dbenbenn 04:21, 28 Dec 2004 (UTC) I don't think notability has anything to do with it. A school is an objective thing, a proper noun, and as such it's eligible for inclusion.
- I am both a thing and a proper noun, but I have no article. BrokenSegue
- GRider\talk 19:03, 31 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- My vote is recursive. This means that, as long as I am an active wikipedian, for ALL schools proposed for deletion in wikipedia Vfd my vote is keep, and I dont have to repeat it again and again in Vfd for every single school proposed for deletion. Of course the deletionist gang band is not going to accept recursive votes, so maybe we have to propose a policy for that in order to protect our schools from them. Iasson 12:11, 4 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- You are welcome to try to change policy. You are conceited to think that there should be a special exception to policy just for you. It's also very illogical to assume that there would not be a number of people who would automatically vote delete. Further, you're misusing the term "recursive", and it would be nice if you would preview rather than making a large number of small edits. —Ben Brockert < 00:16, 5 Feb 2005 (UTC)
- CunningLinguist 01:43, 6 Feb 2005 (UTC)Schools are cool.
- ··gracefool 01:46, 26 Mar 2005 (UTC) IMHO schools are important.
- User:Klonimus Damn few deletionist's would be able to read without schools 22.214.171.124 11:57, 1 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- BaronLarf 21:56, 7 Apr 2005 (UTC) With few exceptions, keep the schools.
- Teknic - Mergism is the new evil. 13:09, 8 May 2005 (UTC)
- First, lets delete all the Pokemon characters, all the bad TV episodes, the rock-n-roll albums and the en:Star Wars episodes. Only after those are gone for good, and only then, should a debate about school deletion even begin. Schools are quintessentially noteworthy because they convert our children into adults; they are one of the most important social institutions that we, as a human race, have. Sure, schools tend to look and feel ugly; what goes on in them is like a constantly erupting volcano, or en:surgery up close. But this is no reason to delete; on the contrary, the surgeons should be celebrated! Linas 18:35, 18 May 2005 (UTC)
- Yonghokim 21:37, 24 May 2005 (UTC) hey, if there's gonna be a goddam page for every single en:List of wiki software (most of them being single links!), there should as hell be schools
- Exe5 00:38, 28 May 2005 (UTC)
- Schools are inherantly notable. --Celestianpower 13:24, 24 August 2005 (UTC)
- HoratioVitero 16:55, 25 August 2005 (UTC)
- Luka Jačov -- by hosting tens, hundrets, thousands children and generations and generations of people makes them notable enough.
- Zadernet 05:19, 10 January 2007 (UTC) - What good does it do to delete school articles?
- Tyciol 17:47, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
- J 1982 01:00, 13 February 2011 (UTC) Churches have articles (which is good), and some people go there every Sunday. Voluntary. Going to school for years is mandatory in many countries, almost every day (except weekends and school holidays) for a lot of children.
- allixpeeke (talk) 06:57, 18 October 2014 (UTC) — Every school is intrinsically notable, as is every album recorded, every book written, and every episode of every television show ever made.
Members who believe some standard is required to keep a school
- BrokenSegue -sorry, but i don't think every middle/elementary school belongs here. There are too many. I'd be open to making a school directory on wikibooks though...
- user:zanimum As above.
- Zain There are some other problems too. Many Big schools in 'third world countries' have no presence on Internet. So it is difficult even to show that they even exist!. I might know some big schools but how to convince other voters who will vote?
- VivaEmilyDavies 17:09, 7 Apr 2005 (UTC) I think the standard should be: at least one of (1) two or more alumni with WP articles; (2) school in continual existence for over 100 years; (3) school with buildings of architectural significance; (4) school that has featured in a major news story; (5) school with over, say, 1500 students (any school that size will have a major affect on tens of thousands of people in the community, something that can't be said for a small school of, say, 200 students)
- User:Radiant! - if there's nothing extraordinary to say about a school, mention it in the article on the city/village/community instead, for added context. Mergism makes the world a better place!
- Idont Havaname 07:36, 26 July 2005 (UTC). For a school to be notable enough for WP, it should have at least two alumni with WP articles, and it should have been featured in a major (not just local) news story. I would much rather have a separate wiki, or a Wikibooks section, for schools so that WP can focus its attention on topics that really are notable. Unfortunately, that suggestion doesn't seem to be well-received anymore, thanks to the "Schoolwatch" program, which has most VfD voters voting, "Keep. It's a school." or "Cow.".
- Libertarianism - It is simply illusionist to not flood WP without having a certain WP
List of schools that need IMMEDIATE vote attention
The Crescent School- KEPT Metropolitan School District of Perry Township- KEPT St. Louis School, Hong Kong- KEPT William P. Clements High School- KEPT Framingham High School- KEPT Charter School of Wilmington- KEPT Yucai high- Kept St. Stephens High School- DELETED Westview High School (Beaverton)- KEPT Southridge High School- KEPT Sunset High School (Portland)- KEPT St. Joseph's Secondary School- KEPT Jordan Middle School- KEPT Blake Junior High School- KEPT Cramlington Community High School- KEPT Elanguest language school- DELETED Irwin Altman Middle School- DELETED Saklan Valley School- DELETED St. Anne Seattle- DELETED Stephen Tyng Mather High School- KEPT Toowoomba Grammar School- KEPT River Oaks Elementary School- Disambiguated, linked pages not on vfd Central High School- KEPT Caddo Parish Middle Magnet School- Merged and redirected to town article North Carroll High- KEPT Northrop High School- Redirected to school district article Kino school Nov. 1- DELETED High Tech High Nov. 1- KEPT South wolds school Nov. 5- KEPT Adlai E. Stevenson High School Dec. 6- KEPT William Fremd High School Dec. 9- KEPT Novato High SchoolKEPT San Marin High SchoolKEPT Chung Ling High SchoolKEPT Spotswood High SchoolKEPT Terman Middle SchoolDELETED Alexander Graham Bell Public SchoolKEPT Keller Junior High SchoolDELETED Elder High SchoolKEPT East Leyden High SchoolDELETED Collingwood SchoolKEPT Bancroft School of Massage TherapyKEPT
Could you please help protect this school article from unfair deletionists?
Hi fellow wikipedians! I was wondering if you'd mind lending me a helping hand with International Institute of Management article . On August 10 an unknown person (no signature) marked it for deletion. Then —Ben FrantzDale conducted a good faith google search for “international institute of management” and it did not return a top result. – Which led him to support the deletion marking. Two other users followed saying that the website was not notable and the institute claims non-verifiable international connections. However, I have conducted a detailed research on IIM website, including IIM research section, press-releases, events and photos, as well as other independent websites and provided evidence of notability and verifiable references. However, my concern is that I’m only one vote against 4 vote and I do not know if any of them will change their mind (human nature!). Therefore, I kindly ask you to verify the links provided in the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/International_Institute_of_Management and help verify the notability. I’m not asking for anything less than an ethical vote. I’m willing to return the favor and review a similar article.Miro.gal