|How to report issues||How to escalate issues|
There is a central page at meta.wikimedia.org (english) gathering all major issues with this extension. Issues that can't be solved and are not yet covered on the page at meta should be translated and added there.
For obvious bugs the issue tracker (english) is the preferred place to directly issue and check tickets.
At IRC #booktool (english) some immediate support might be available.
- 1 Question: How to organize issues
- 2 Question: Principal Authors
- 3 Proposal: Add a table of contents
- 4 Question: Differences between printed books and downloadable PDFs
- 5 Bug: <poem/>-tag not supported
- 6 Bug: span background color
- 7 Bug: p-tag in image description
- 8 Bug: table in image description
- 9 Book creator
Question: How to organize issues
A template like this helped us in past deployments to organize and annotate issues.
Question: Principal Authors
How is the list of principal authors computed? It looks as if any contributor is listed.
- Currently there is no consensus on "who are the principal authors" in the community. Therefore all contributors are mentioned. --he!ko 19:19, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
Proposal: Add a table of contents
Did you consider to add a table of contents at the first page of the PDF? I think this might improve usability of larger PDFs. --he!ko 15:57, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
Question: Differences between printed books and downloadable PDFs
I created a book and downloaded the PDF. When I wanted to order a printed book with pediapress and looked at the preview I noticed various differences!?
- The layout of printed books differs, as a technology more suitable for printed books is used to generate the PDFs. Printed books feature a Table of Contents, an Index, have a different size (A5 or 8.5×5.5in) and images and tables are layouted differently. The downloadable PDF looks ok when printed (A4) at home and can be generated within a reasonable amount of time. The PDF of printed books is optimized for print and its generation takes way to long to be a viable alternative for Wikipedia. --he!ko 19:56, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
Bug: <poem/>-tag not supported
Bug: span background color
CSS background-color in a span is not supported. And because the color property of text is also not supported, we can not display a legend with an image (see template:Legenda. - Erik Baas 16:32, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
Bug: p-tag in image description
The contents of a p-tag within an image description is not displayed at all. Example:
[[Image:Foo.jpg|thumb|Line 1<p>Line 2</p>]]
- Erik Baas 16:32, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
Bug: table in image description
The contents of a table within an image description are not displayed at all. - Erik Baas 18:27, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
I hid the book creator toolbar .What should I do to activate it again?