Due to Wikimedia's move to Phabricator most of this page is outdated and only kept for historical reasons.
Bug reports and feature requests related to the MediaWiki software which powers Wikimedia projects should be filed to Wikimedia's phabricator. Fabricator is a bug reporting tool and organization system used by many software projects.
For emergency problems on Wikipedia & sister projects, try to contact the developers by IRC #wikimedia-tech or on the wikitech-l mailing list (please subscribe to ensure that your message gets through and you receive replies).
Lists of currently opened bugs (including feature requests):
- Wikimedia (Configuration issues and other issues specific to Wikimedia servers, Wikimedia websites (including Wikipedia, Wiktionary, Commons, and the MediaZilla bugtracker) and other Wikimedia specific things)
- MediaWiki (The wiki software itself -- most issues about how the wiki works should go here)
- MediaWiki extensions (Requests regarding MediaWiki extensions that are labeled general or unknown.)
Feature requests are called "enhancements" in Bugzilla jargon. 2004–2014 lists:
Search by votes (2004–2014):
Reminders for users
If you find yourself dissatisfied with the level of service you are receiving from developers, please take note of the following facts:
- Most developers are not paid.
- There are hundreds of unfulfilled feature requests, an ever growing number.
- There are hundreds of thousands of users and only a small number of developers.
- Developers don't work 24 hours a day, plus there are different timezones on this world.
- Everyone wants to help, but no one has any obligation to fix all the bugs that you want fixed, or to answer all questions.
- The MediaWiki and MediaWiki extensions products are not the correct places to report Wikimedia-specific issues/requests such as site configuration changes.