Buon Natale e felice Anno Nuovo!
Buon Natale e felice Anno Nuovo! is the name of a Wiktionary project. It has several aims. It being on Wiktionary, we would like to have as many translations in as many languages as can be. We have made a great start with on the it:wiktionary.
Improvements we are seeking
- We want to have the proper fonts where they are lacking.
- We want the phrase recorded by preferably a native speaker and, the recording saved in Commons.
- We want this phrase and all its translations as separate words in ALL wiktionaries.
What we hope to achieve by this
- Fun, it is a fun project.
- Promote the use of Commons as the place to store recordings of pronounciations. People understand recordings, they have to study to use systems like SAMPA.
- Promote the cooperation among the wiktionaries. The better our cooperation, the better the quality and quantity of out projects will be. YAY!!!
How you can help
The Italian wiktionary is leading in this effort; so have a look at wikt:it:Buon Natale e felice Anno Nuovo! and see if you can add content, value and fun to our project. You can check if there is already a page on language wiktionaries of the languages that you master, you can add your voice to the other well wishers.
We concentrate on this one phrase, if you want to add other wishes perhaps for other occasions, as the Dutch say: "Voel je vrij, maak ons blij!".
Lets hear your wish :)
You can record your wish/pronounciation using Audacity; a free cross-platform sound editor.