CIS-A2K/Reports/Community Monthly Reports/Feb 2012
Jump to navigation Jump to search
All Indic Communities
- Supported Assamese community members to plan, design & conduct 2 wiki workshops for Assamese wikipedia. These were organised on 29 January 2012 in Guwahati and on 2 February 2012 in Tezpur University. The following were done:
- Supported the community to get a venue in Guwahati University
- Supported the community to prepare a Wikipedia editing FAQ booklet (which was translated by community members)
- Supported the community to prepare an (overall) Wikipedia & Assamese Wikipedia introduction presentation
- Gave an overview of Indic Wikis and best practices from other Indic languages to the attendees
- Supported the community in conducting the editing session
- Supported the community to start WikiProject Physics. This included designing the project page, providing best practices from other wiki projects, helping to select vital articles and helping volunteers to prioritise articles.
- Helping the community to prepare License template and Special upload page
- Supporting the community to start the Translate article enhancement project
- Supported the community to update the logo
- Initiated work to explore if the wiki project for Medicine can be established in Nepali
- Working with community members to initiate a wiki project for Medicine
- Supporting the community to get started with the Gujarati Wikisource
- Shared insights on outreach with the community and invited discussion. Please do join in the discussion.
- Prepared an outreach handbook to capture learnings and best practices for community members
- Prepared a repository of documents (presentations, handouts, feedback forms, etc.) that can be used/adapted by community members to conduct outreach. This is being constantly improved.
- Supported (in varying degrees) 9 outreach sessions across India:-
- Computer Sciences Department, Guwahati University, Guwahati, Assam
- Computer Sciences Department, Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam
- College of Engineering Guindy Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- NITT Pragyaan 2012, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu
- Jaya Engineering College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- GNUNIFY 2012, Symbiosis Institue of Computer Science and Research, Pune, Maharastra
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai, Maharastra
- Department of Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Delhi
- Cummins College Of Engineering for Women, Pune, Maharastra
- Incidentally, 7 outreach sessions were supported (in varying degrees) in January.