Celtic Knot Conference 2019/Submissions/Query Booth
|This is an open submission for the Arctic Knot Wikimedia Language Conference 2021.|
- Submission no.
- Title of the submission
- Query Booth
- Type of submission (Lightening talk, panel, tutorial/workshop, Presentation)
- Participative booth during the unconference day
- Author of the submission
- Léa Lacroix + others
- Language of presentation
- English + other languages spoken by the participants (French, Breton, etc.)
- E-mail address
- Lea Lacroix (WMDE)
- Country of origin
- France (Brittany)
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Germany
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
The Query Booth is a participative area where people can get help with writing queries for Wikidata. The Query Service is a very powerful tool allowing to ask questions to Wikidata, to generate lists or datavisualizations, but it can be a bit intimidating at first. The hosts of the Query Booth will be here to help! Newcomers and more experienced people can come to the table at anytime during the unconference day and get help to create or improve a query. The hosts (ideally 3-4 people) have already experience with the Query Service - they are not necessarily SPARQL experts but they know how to dive in the documentation and find some answers. Come and write your first query with us!
I volunteer to be host at the Query Booth:
- What will attendees take away from this session?
People will learn how to query Wikidata and improve their skills in SPARQL
- Theme of session
- Technology, Interface & Infrastructure
- Will you attend Celtic Knot if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).