WikiConference Seoul 2023
- , primary contact (Requested at 07:52, 20 September 2023 (UTC))
|Central Notice Settings|
What countries will your campaign target?
What is the purpose of the campaign? How will you measure the success of the campaign?
I contact the village pump of korean project targeted.
Korean village pump on Wikidata and Commons
Central Notice admin comments
- @이강철 (WMKR): I've created a campaign and banner. Please check both and the preview. I couldn't find a logo so that I spared that out. Please ping me when you approve it so that I can enable the campaign. Best, —DerHexer (Talk) 18:56, 21 September 2023 (UTC)
@DerHexer: Hello, DerHexer. Thank you for quick response.
- Preview is good. Can you increase the font size by 150%? We want to be considerate of people with low vision.
Wikiconference seoul 2023 ends at 2023-Oct-21 12:00 (UTC) / 21:00 (KST)
- Please change the end time. With the current settings, notices will be displayed even after the event.
Re-designation of the campaign target project is required. In Korean Wikipedia, sitenotice are used instead.
- Wikipedia → X
- (none) → wikiquote
The notification frequency is 3 times every 2 days.
- Is it possible to edit it about 5 times a day?
- I would like to consider IP access through a public computer.
- @이강철 (WMKR): Thanks for the close look! I've changed the text size, time and projects. However, why do you want to use a SiteNotice in kowiki when you could handle the display way better through CentralNotice? With a SiteNotice, you will also notify my Commons me who just wants to add a photo but doesn't live anywhere close to South Korea to attend a conference (not to speak of the message I wouldn't understand either ;) ). For banner diet, we used to implement 3 or 5 displays per week. After some research, a more frequent display was considered to be more useful. I started with 2 displays per 2 days and increased that to 3 displays every other day. 5 times a day seems a lot to me. Do you think that this is needed? Would it make sense to start with the proposed amount, observe the number of registrations and only increase it when there are too few registrations? I'm not sure about the IP access through a public computer part; why would that make an effect on banner diet? Best, —DerHexer (Talk) 08:52, 25 September 2023 (UTC)
- Traditionally, Korean Wikipedia pins event notices for 2 weeks and displays them at the top. Do not turn off Sitenotice. and Sitenotice of Korean Wikipedia can be announced by Korean Wikipedia administrator.
- I will follow DerHexer's opinion regarding the Central Notice frequency.
- I have looked that the review has been applied. I think Central Notice can now proceed. Thank you for your help with event announcements. 이강철 (WMKR) (talk) 03:17, 26 September 2023 (UTC)