Jump to navigation Jump to search
A clean start is an abandonment of an old account in favor of a new account, usually due to past mistakes or to avoid harassment.
- Notify or disclose the relationship if required by local policies.
Users must not:
- Use account in order to circumvent blocks or other type of sanctions. Otherwise, being caught sock puppeting is subject to harsher sanctions.
- Discontinue old account and not use multiple account simultaneously.
- Disclose the relationship when requesting user rights requiring community consensus (adminship for example).
Users should not:
- Return to topic areas, disputes, editing patterns, or behaviors of old account.