Community Wishlist Survey 2019/Archive/Articles for deletion process
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Proposes a social/community policy change rather than a technical feature Original title: PAS
- English (translation): More objectivity in Article for deletion process (AfD). Some people do little more than comment with “idem” or unsourced statements.
- French (original): Plus d'objectivité pour les PAS, certains se contentent du commentaire "idem" ou d'affirmations non sourcées.
- Who would benefit:
- English (translation): Contributors concerned about a less subjective equity on AfD.
- French (original): Les contributeurs soucieux d'une équité moins subjective sur les PAS.
- Proposed solution:
- English (translation): While AfD, notify people who participate in project to which the article is part of, even if they haven’t contributed to the page.
- French (original): Lors de la PAS envoyer un avis de PAS aux participants du projet correspondant à la page même s'ils n'ont pas participé à la page en PAS.
- More comments:
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: Amage9 (talk) 13:22, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
As far as I can tell, this is about reducing subjectivity at discussions about article deletion. This is not a technical problem so unfortunately Community Tech can't help :( As such I am archiving this. Thanks for the proposal, nonetheless! MusikAnimal (WMF) (talk) 19:31, 8 November 2018 (UTC)