Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Mobile and apps/Table of contents anchoring
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The survey has concluded. Here are the results!
Table of contents anchoring
- Problem: In mobile versions (and desktop versions), if you want to access the table of contents bar, it is quite hard.
- Who would benefit: Readers.
- Proposed solution: Implement a TOC quick access button at pages that have Table of Contents. This can be done across mobile and desktop, where if the TOC is inaccessable at page location (at desktop), a button appears, where when clicked, shows the table of contents as a popup box.
- More comments: This have been achieved across various methods that hijack the magic word __TOC__ to be put into a <html> tag. However, this workaround requires user scripts, and is definitely not anything that can be called accessability. This should be considered as an accessability tool.
- Phabricator tickets:
- Proposer: 1233 （T / C） 10:27, 22 November 2020 (UTC)
- Will help many people. Maybe you could have a sidebar/dropdown like on the Wikipedia mobile app. Seemplez (talk) 12:21, 7 December 2020 (UTC)
- Hey @1233: thanks for the proposal! Regarding the desktop part, this wish could be granted as a part of the Desktop Improvements project. Therefore, this part doesn't need to be voted upon. Would it be acceptable for you if I moved this wish to the Mobile and apps category? SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 19:03, 7 December 2020 (UTC)
- very important. Do not forget to add, the function: value transfer. In the mobile version, the option does not exist, it is very lacking. Thanks, and at night if there are any disruptions, I translated using Google Translate. לבלוב (talk) 09:36, 10 December 2020 (UTC)