Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Watchlists/Option to be e-mailed for every change to a page
Option to be e-mailed for every change to a page
Deutsch: Beobachtungsoptionen: Zusatzoption: permanente E-Mail-Benachrichtigen (auch wenn Seite nicht erneut besucht wurde)
- Problem: For a very small number of articles, it would be very important to me to be informed of every (!) Change by email. (At the moment - if I understand correctly - an e-mail is sent when an article is changed. I will only be informed of the subsequent changes by e-mail after I have visited the article (registered) or “All changes as Mark seen "was clicked.)
- (Deutsch) Bei einigen sehr wenigen Artikel wäre es mir sehr wichtig, über jede(!) Änderung per E-Mail benachrichtigt zu werden. (Im Moment wird – wenn ich es richtig verstehe – bei einer Änderung eines Artikels eine E-Mail gesendet. Über die danach folgenden Änderungen werde ich per E-Mail erst informiert, wenn ich den Artikel (angemeldet) besucht habe oder „Alle Änderungen als gesehen markieren“ angeklickt wurde.)
- Who would benefit: Who would this wish help: All those taking notes who are interested in the further processing of an article.
- (Deutsch) Wem würde dieser Wunsch helfen: Allen Mitschreibenden, die am Verlauf der weiteren Bearbeitung eines Artikels interessiert sind.
- Proposed solution: Suggested solution: That is why I would like an additional option: permanent e-mail notifications: even if the page has not been visited again or "Mark all changes as seen" has not been clicked. I.e. Notification by email of every (!) Change. (This is of course to be used sparingly: ie "opt in").
- (Deutsch) Lösungsvorschlag: Deshalb wünsche ich mir eine Zusatzoption: permanente E-Mail-Benachrichtigen: auch wenn die Seite nicht erneut besucht wurde bzw. nicht „Alle Änderungen als gesehen markieren“ angeklickt wurde. D.h. Benachrichtigung per E-Mail bei jeder(!) Änderung. (Das ist natürlich sparsam zu verwenden: also „opt in“).
This is already available as an Atom (RSS) feed. On the page you wish to monitor (e.g. w:de:Benutzer:Molgreen) go to its history. In the left hand menu there's a link to the Atom feed. I use Thunderbird for my email which also handles RSS feeds. Other feedreaders are available. Hope that helps, Cabayi (talk) 11:22, 19 November 2020 (UTC)
- Hello Cabayi, thank you very much for your hint. I only use the website of my email provider or the app. Therefore Atom (RSS) feed probably does not help me. --Molgreen (talk) 16:42, 21 November 2020 (UTC)
This should also be considered in the multiple watchlists proposal, such that different watchlists can have different notification action sets associated with them. T.Shafee(Evo﹠Evo)talk 09:48, 20 November 2020 (UTC)
Another solution to your problem would be my idea: Community Wishlist Survey 2021/Watchlists#Add a "favorite this page" in the "watch this page" star. Simply have the few very important articles to you (like an article you promoted to Good or Featured) at the top of your watchlist! No e-mail required (although you could also be e-mailed if you wanted, I guess. We can expand on my idea.) Bageense (talk) 17:17, 24 November 2020 (UTC)
- Support RobertBlinov (talk) 10:05, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Libcub (talk) 20:49, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Anntinomy (talk) 08:48, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support As long as each user can configure in their Preferences whether to receive notifications in their email or not. WikiFer msg 22:24, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support I would also like the diff to be included in the email. Benjamin (talk) 13:28, 12 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support Golmore (talk) 10:50, 13 December 2020 (UTC)
- Support although an Atom feed (whatever that is*) is available, it would be nice to have an easy-to-use UI interface to this feature (*for folks like me!) Philiptdotcom (talk) 13:54, 14 December 2020 (UTC)