Education/Reading Wikipedia in the Classroom/ToT
Starting in September 2021, we are opening up an opportunity for more Wikimedians, mission-aligned organizations, and individuals to participate in a Training of Trainers (ToT). By the end of the ToT, participants will be certified to lead training for Reading Wikipedia in the Classroom. They will be able to adapt & implement the Reading Wikipedia in the Classroom program in their local contexts to help teachers use Wikipedia as a pedagogical tool. Participants who successfully complete the ToT will also have access to a pool of funding that can support their local activities. You can learn more about the ToT timeline and curriculum on Meta.
This survey will be conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data handling, see the survey privacy statement.
The Training of Trainers is comprised of three modules:
The ToT will be developed fully online on an Open edX learning platform. It will include a combination of asynchronous activities, synchronous working sessions, tutoring hours, and a set of resources needed for the program implementation. The ToT requires a commitment of 6 hours per week during 8 weeks. We will select 25 highly motivated applicants to be part of this first cohort.
|The important dates are: |
We encourage you to apply if you are:
- Interested in Wikimedia education work, and you have the desire to build capacity around the development of educational materials, building partnerships in the school system, and teacher training.
- Interested in implementing a localized version of the Reading Wikipedia in the Classroom program in your country.
- Able to commit 6 dedicated hours per week for the full duration of the ToT program (8 weeks) to synchronous and asynchronous activities.
- Connected to an organization or institution that works in the local education sector (government, teacher network, non-profit, etc.)
Do you need some additional guidance for your application? Check out the following resources:
- Slides of the first information session of the Training of Trainers for Reading Wikipedia in the Classroom:
- Review of the main questions in the application form during our session on Wikimania (via YouTube: youtu.be/MmSAsvf6j7w?t=4393).
Successfully completing the Training of Trainers program will provide you with:
- Certification: Participants who complete the requirements of the program will be certified Reading Wikipedia in the Classroom Trainers.
- Opportunities for implementation: Certified Reading Wikipedia in the Classroom Trainers will have the opportunity to join a list of trainers ready to be hired by institutions and organizations seeking training.
- Professional development: Earning a trainer certification from the Wikimedia Foundation looks great on a resume or CV!
If you have any further questions or require more information, please feel free to reach the team educationwikimedia.org!