Wikimedia Foundation employee engagement surveys
The employee engagement survey or employee engagement assessment is an annual evaluation conducted at least by the Wikimedia Foundation, by asking employees a number of questions about their satisfaction with their job and the like. For the WMF, the survey has been run and analysed by a third party specialised in such surveys (with 65,000 respondents from 120 companies); it used a Google Docs form and was, presumably, anonymous. Since 2015, the survey has been run on/by CultureAmp.
A survey was run in April 2017 and another is planned for November 2017.
A survey was run in May 2016, and November 2016.
- The 2015 survey was announced by Lila Tretikov at the November 10, 2015 Metrics & Activities meeting. According to page 144 of the July-September 2015 Quarterly Report, a "Team Health Check" survey was distributed and posted to the internal office wiki. In addition, in 2015 there are two prominent public comments on employee retention:
- An abridged summary of the 2015 engagement survey was shared by Boryana Dineva, Vice President of Human Resources, at the WMF Metrics and Activities meeting on January 14, 2016. See also WMF Metrics and activities meetings/2016-01.
- There was no 2014 survey.
- The 2013 survey happened in the Fall.
- 2012 was the first year the WMF conducted this survey, which was summarised in Metrics and activities meetings/2012-12-06.
- Period: between September 26 and October 12, 2012.
- Results: some data at Wikimedia Foundation Report, November 2012#Human Resources.
- Gayle Karen Young stated at the end of the presentation that the slide deck would soon be publicly available. (Not sure if it is.)
- Other discussion: there was some brief discussion or mention in some mailing lists, especially wikimedia-l.