Gender Diversity Visibility Community User Group/Annual Report 2019
This is the annual report for the Gender Diversity Visibility Community User Group (GDVCUG).
Wikimedia User Groups are required to submit an annual activity report covering the entirety of the 12-month agreement period in order to prompt review for a renewal. This covers the year of 2018, in the specific agreement period from 2018-JULY to 2019-AUG.
- GDVCUG is a new user group that was recently formed in July of 2018. The group has been working to secure additional resources aimed at writing diverse biographies on Wikipedia. Attempts to secure access to two collections, the Associated Negro Press and All-Africa have so far hit a wall.
- The GDVCUG created a Twitter account in October of 2018.
- The creation of a small physical women's history collection has been undertaken by Megalibrarygirl starting in March of 2019.
- Rosiestep has been in conversations with Mark Graham of Internet Archive regarding best practices to give our members access to books and journals, which contain the source materials we need to advance our work on various language Wikipedias.
- Working towards global goals that affect our UG, members of GDVCUG belonged to movement strategy Working Groups including Community WG, Diversity WG, and Partnerships WG.