Global Reach/Events archive
This page is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete.
Global Reach team succeeded by the Wikimedia Foundation Partnerships team.
Our team participates in several conferences relevant to our partnerships. Some of them have a global scope, and some are regional or country specific.
Mobile World Congress is the largest Mobile related event in the world. At this event, we talk to current and prospective partners in the mobile industry. Wikipedia Zero and Preload-related partnerships are the main focus. This year, we were also invited to speak in 2 different panels:
- Smriti Gupta was a panelist at the "Mobile for Development: track, in a panel called "Addressing the barriers of coverage, affordability, digital literacy and locally relevant content."
- Jorge Vargas participated in the "Ministerial Programme" at a panel discussion called "Social innovation solutions and its impact on the wider ecosystem".
Our community-facing initiatives
Our team also participates in Community organized events.
Jack Rabah (Head of Partnerships for Middle East and Africa) attended the event.
- Jorge Vargas participated in the "Wikipedia-in-a-box/Kiwix" presentation.
- Adele Vrana led a presentation on "Increasing reach of Wikimedia projects via partnerships "
- Adele Vrana and Jorge Vargas led a presentation on "Understanding Wikipedia readership: Our results for our phone survey in Mexico".