WMF staff updates this page after verifying eligibility gaps have been closed.
|Organization (official name)||Overall eligibility status (A)||Current eligibility gaps (information missing on Meta)||Requirements to maintain eligibility status (potential gaps) (F)||Affiliate Organization with signed agreement (G)||Recognized as an affiliate organization as defined in the Board Resolution dated March 31, 2012 (H)||Not awarded FDC funding in the previous round (I)||Submitted LOI by due date (1 November 2014) (J)||Track record of grant requests or successful campaigns||In compliance with Chapter Agreement||In compliance with WMF Grant Agreement (if applicable)||In compliance with local laws||In compliance with relevant U.S. laws
|Activity Report (Most recently due) (B)||Financial report (Most recently due) (C)||Financial report (Prior fiscal year) (D)||Complete grant reports accepted by WMF (E)||Has completed (submission and acceptance may still be pending) two grants from the Wikimedia Foundation; OR (K)||Has completed at least one grant and participated in one fundraising campaign as a payment processor; OR (L)||Has participated in at least two fundraising campaigns as a payment processor (M)||Supplied a written activity and financial report in English at least once a year to the Foundation,
within four months of organization's fiscal year end
|Chapter adequately meets material conditions of the Chapter Agreement (Q)||Published a complete and accepted grant report on any funded activities completed before 15 January 2015 (R)||In compliance with all applicable laws governing organizations of their type in their country (S)||Organization has the necessary controls and monitoring in place to know that the organization, its Board, senior management, key employees and any individuals or groups that it provides funding to are not on any terrorist watchlist, are not engaged in money laundering, and are using all donor funds for charitable purposes (T)|
|Activity Report (Most recently due) (N)||Financial Report (Most recently due) (O)||Financial Reports for at least 2 consecutive years (P)|
|The Centre for Internet and Society||Yes (a)||N/A||N/A||✓||✓||N/A||N/A||N/A||✓||✓||✓||N/A||✓||✓||✓|
|Wikimedia Italia||Yes||Annual activity and financial reports for 2014 due 30 April||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Wikimedia ZA||Yes||Report for 2013 OSF bridge funding due 29 September; Will need to terminate Administrator Bridge Funding grant by 30 June, report due 29 August; Report for Wiki From Above due 29 July, if approved; Report for Joburgpedia 2015 due 29 August, if approved||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Wikimedia Suomi||No||Report for 2014 activities past due.||Report for 2015 H1 due 28 September, if approved; Annual activity and financial reports for 2014 due 30 April||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Notes for table
(a) The Centre for Internet and Society is considered potentially eligible per Board Resolution dated November 24,2013.
How to use this table
Determine your eligibility by following these three steps.
- Find the name of your organization. Next to your organization’s name will be your overall eligibility status, in Column (A).
- Any gaps that currently prevent you from being eligible will be listed in Columns (B), (C), (D) and / or (E). When you fill a gap, Email FDCSupport at wikimedia dot org so we can verify that the gap has been filled and update the table. If your overall eligibility status changes as a result of filling a gap, we will also let you know. If there is a mistake, please let FDC staff know right away so we can fix it.
- If you achieve your “YES” status, be sure to monitor any requirements listed in column (F) throughout the duration of the Annual Plan Grants / FDC process.
Understanding your overall eligibility status
Eligibility status has been determined in 3 categories: ‘YES’, 'YES IF', and 'NO'.
- YES: This organization is currently eligible to submit a proposal in this round, as long as eligibility status is maintained throughout the duration of the FDC process. To be considered eligible, organizations should have a check in columns (G), (H), (I), (J), in at least one of (K, L, M), and in (N), (O), (P), (Q), (R), (S) and (T).
- NO: This organization will not be eligible to submit a proposal in this round, no matter what. Organizations without a check in columns (G), (H), (I), (J), or at least one of (K, L, M), will not be eligible in this round. Organizations without a check in columns (N), (O), (P), (Q), (R), (S) will not be eligible if gaps listed in columns (B), (C), (D), and (E) are not met before the date eligibility is confirmed or if new eligibility gaps arise and are not met by that date.
- YES IF: This organization is not currently eligible to submit a proposal in this round, but could become eligible if all eligibility gaps are met and a YES status is then maintained throughout the duration of the FDC process. Organizations without a check in columns (N), (O), (P), (Q), (R), (S) could become eligible if gaps listed in columns (B), (C), (D), and (E) are met before the date eligibility is confirmed and if the organization continues to avoid any potential gaps listed in column (F).
Which grants count toward eligibility
Since FDC grants are large general support grants, your organization needs to already have a track record of using Wikimedia funds in order to participate. That is why we have the requirements in columns (J), (K), and (L).
- Columns (K) and (L) are for organizations that used to or currently process payments from the fundraiser. If you are a payment processing organization or have been in the past, then you can count one payment processing campaign and one grant toward the requirement or two payment processing campaigns toward the requirement.
- Grants that count toward meeting the requirements in columns (J) or (K) are completed Annual Plan Grants or completed Project and Event Grants with grant terms ending before the date initial eligibility is announced. Grants are considered complete once a final grant report is submitted by the grantee and accepted by WMF.
- Only grants awarded to an organization after an organization after has legally incorporated in its country can be counted. Grants awarded groups before they have incorporated do not count, grants to other individuals or groups that may participate in an organization’s activities do not count, and grants managed by multiple organizations, groups, or individuals do not count. Fiscal sponsorships also do not count: the organization must be managing its own grant and its own project for the grant to count.
Which agreements and reports affect eligibility
To be eligible, you need to meet the terms of any of your grant agreements with WMF and also with any other agreements you have with WMF, including a Chapter Agreement, Thematic Organization Agreement, Fundraising Agreement, or Wikimania Agreement. Chapters and Thematic Organizations with agreements need to submit written activity reports and financial reports no later than four months after their fiscal year’s end.
- All activity and financial reports need to be linked from the Reports page on Meta at Reports.
- All reports need to be publicly accessible and stored on Meta or another stable website.
- All activity and financial reports need to have English translations or acceptable English summaries.
If you need to return funds to WMF from a fundraising campaign, a previous grant, from Wikimania, or from another activity, according to the terms of one or more of your agreements with WMF, this may also affect your eligibility status.
Compliance with local and US laws
Unless WMF has a clear indication otherwise, we assume in good faith that organizations are meeting the requirements in (Q), (R), (S), and (T).