Learning patterns/Training educators how to use Wikimedia in the classroom
- 1 What problem does this solve?
- 2 What is the solution?
- 3 Endorsements
- 4 See also
What problem does this solve?
Educators do not need to know how to use wiki markup give students an editing assignment, but it does help to learn some basic skills and complete a short assignment before they begin using Wikimedia in the classroom.
What is the solution?
Educators can learn basic editing skills and get course planning advice using
- Training for educators: covers basics of Wikipedia's core principles, editing, planning an assignement and creating course pages.
One-on-one sessions with a Wikimedia volunteer:
- Plan 1 year ahead to set up a Wikipedia assignment (slide show from e-Learning Africa)
In a teacher training course:
- Slides from a teacher training course in Panama.
- Although some education programs conduct group training sessions for educators, in most cases, educators who have completed a training course do not go on to use Wikimedia in the classroom without some kind of follow-up.
Things to consider
When to use