Best way to connect: On my user talk page
Hausa Wikimedian UserGroup
Participating as: Indivudal
Nigeria • Middle East and Africa (MEA) region
Preferred times: Tuesday, Thursday (8 - 12 UTC)
Can dedicate: Between one (1) hour and three (3) hours per Month
Main Wikimedia projects: Wikipedia → encyclopedia, Wiktionary → Dictionary and thesaurus, Wikimedia Commons → media repository, Wikiquote → collection of quotations, Wikidata → knowledge database, Incubator → language versions in development
Areas of interests: Education, Diversity
Other peer learning/training initiatives participating in: New Page Patrol School
Let's Connect Barnstars
Preferred way of learning: Through formal training, By being mentored by an organization with more experience, Have a 1:1 online coffee/tea with someone
Click below if you want to connect with this profile to share skills they want to learn.
Preferred way of sharing: With one-to-one virtual meeting (1h with one/two people), Sharing resources via email and/or resource sharing platforms
Click below if you want to learn any of the skills this profile wants to share.
More to learn
Further details about what I would like to learn.
1. Basics of Wikidata: Although I know some of the basics of Wikidata such as lexemes and labeling items. I still want to know more about connecting Wikidata with other Wikis
2. Wikimedia tools for running queries and scripts: I want to learn how to run these tools
3. Setting up templates: I want to learn how to set templates in Hausa Wikipedia as many templates are missing.
Stories about sharing
Interesting stories about applying the skills I want to share.
1. Proposal writing: This is an important aspect of conveying your request for a particular event in the Wikimedia movement. This proposal has to be in line with the Wikimedia mission and vision. A well structured proposal may be approved faster and vise versa. I have written a number of proposals and very few are declined
2. Wikimedia tools to measure participants contributions Dashboard, Hastag tools which can be used in open contests and Editathons. I have utilized these tools in many events
3. Local event organizings: I had successfully organize local events that encourages editings etc.