Grants:PEG/FF portal/Flow funder agreement
|This is the final version approved by WMF. Please do not edit; rather, leave comments on the discussion page.|
This letter will be signed by each flow funder.
LETTER TO FLOW FUNDING PROJECT VOLUNTEERS (“Flow Funders”)
You have been invited to serve as a volunteer in the pilot stage of Wikimedia Foundation's Flow Funding project. Thank you for your continued involvement and support. This letter will clarify what is expected of you in this role.
During this pilot stage, you will have the opportunity to guide the distribution of up to US$2000. Although you have wide discretion to recommend recipients of this funding, there are certain minimum requirements that must be met. Due to its obligations as a nonprofit, Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) must have ultimate discretion in who receives funding.
Please consider the following points as you approach your service to this pilot project:
- COVER LETTER: The Flow Funding plan requires you to publish cover letters on MetaWiki, according to the instructions posted at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FF_portal/HowFlow_funding_recommendation_form .
- DUE DILIGENCE: Please limit your recommendations to entities that meet the eligibility criteria posted set forth at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FF_portal/Eligibility_criteria . As a 501(c)(3) non-profit, Wikimedia is compelled to conduct due -diligence on all grant recipients of funding prior to the disbursement of funds, but you may facilitate this process by ensuring that the recipients that you recommend meet these minimum criteria.
- NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST: For this pilot to succeed, we need to avoid even the appearance of conflicts of interest. Please adhere to WMF’s Conflict of Interest Policy, which can be found at http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Conflict_of_interest_policy. Contact WMF if you have questions about this policy.
- REPORTING: The foundation needs your assistance to ensure that recipients communicate adequately with WMF and make reports as required under their grant agreements. As a volunteer, you will help recipients meet their reporting obligations.
- NO EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP: As a volunteer, you understand that you are not entitled to wages, compensation, or employment benefits during or after the period of volunteer service, nor are you are not covered under WMF’s workers’ compensation program.
- WIKIMEDIA RETAINS DISCRETION: As noted above, WMF retains sole and exclusive discretion to issue grants.
We look forward to your participation in this new project. Thank you for your continued support and involvement in the WMF community.
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
Please sign below to confirm your receipt of this letter: