Grants:PEG/SarahStierch/GLAM WIKI Santiago attendance
IMPORTANT: Please do not make changes to this page now. They will be reverted.
- This project has been funded, completed, and a project report has been reviewed and accepted by WMF Staff.
- To review a list of other funded submissions by fiscal year, please visit the Requests subpage, and to review the WMF Grants Program criteria for funding please visit the Grants:Index.
- Legal name of organization or individual requesting this grant
- Sarah Stierch
- Grant contact name
- Sarah Stierch
- Grant contact username or email
- Grant contact title (position)
- Project lead name
- Project lead username or email
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Full project name
- GLAM WIKI Santiago attendance grant
- Amount requested in USD or local currency (USD will be assumed if no other currency is specified)
- Provisional target start date
- March 14 2012
- Provisional completion date
- March 16 2012
- Travel expense: $1439.90 for round trip flight from Washington, D.C. to Santiago Chile
- Per diem of $74.25/day per United States Department of States per diem rates for Chile totaling $222.75
If this grant is accepted, I will ask that funding be provided as soon as possible in order to quickly acquire transportation, thank you.
Project scope and list of activities
As per the request for Wikimedia Chile, I will be participating in a series of meetings with GLAMs in Santiago, Chile. I will also be speaking alongside members of Wikimedia Chile, Creative Commons, Wikimedia Argentina, Wikimedia Foundation and the Library of the Chilean National Congress at the GLAM WIKI 2012 event on March 15. For the three days that I will be in Santiago, I will be meeting with staff from GLAMs, alongside Wikimedia Chile, to share my experiences and roles as Wikipedian in Residence at the Smithsonian Institution, and providing advice on how to proceed with partnership opportunities.
To assist in the development and formation of partnerships between Wikimedia Chile and GLAM's in the greater Santiago region, and beyond.
Fit to strategy
I will be using my role as Wikipedian in Residence at the Smithsonian to educate cultural institutions about the importance of partnerships with Wikimedia Chile and the Wikimedian movement as a whole. As our mission at the Wikimedia Foundation is to assist with providing the sum of the world's knowledge for free, I can assist in helping to support that goal by co-developing relationships with institutions whose missions to educate the world often match our own mission. It is well known within the Wikimedia community the value that GLAM relationships have brought to us in meeting that mission. If I can assist a new chapter with strengthening those relationships, and share my experiences, I will feel that I have assisted in furthering the mission of the Wikimedia movement.
Measures of success
Aside from having a successful series of meetings and a successful event, overall success will be judged by the development of relationships between Wikimedia Chile and GLAMs. While this will not happen overnight, success will be measured in terms of a long term goal to solidify relationships and develop at least 1 to 2 new partnerships in the area. I will continue to advise on these matters after my trip.