Grants:PEG/WM CZ/Presentation & Outreach/Digital Projector with Equipment
- Legal name of chapter
- Wikimedia Czech Republic
- Grant contact name
- Grant contact user-name or e-mail
- Grant contact title (position)
- WM CZ grant coordinator
- Project lead name
- Pavel Hrdlička
- Project lead user-name or e-mail
- Pavel Hrdlička
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Full project name
- Digital Projector with Equipment
- Amount requested (in USD)
- Provisional target start date
- August 15, 2011
- Provisional completion date
- December 31, 2012 (the date of the evaluation of the success of the project)
- Overall: 1400 USD
- digital projector: 1100 USD
- projection screen: 270 USD
- other: 30 USD
The project scope is to buy a digital projector with equipment (which means projection screen, laser pointers etc.).
The goal of the project is an increase of quality of presentations for public (exhibitions, presentations) and higher efficiency of events organized by Wikimedia Czech Republic for members (meeting, workshops). This will be fulfill by purchasing a digital projector with equipment.
Fit to strategy
If the Wikimedia Czech Republic will have its own digital projector, it will save time need for negotiations on its lending, but also money need to pay for it. Examples of the need of such equipment are e.g. Wikiconference or presentation on the book fair called Book World. Own projection equipment will support development and scope rate of Wikimedia Czech Republic.
Digital projector in the hands of the Chapter will also make possible, that presentations and workshops about Wikipedia will be held on more places. It potentially can increase the editor base.
Measures of success
We will buy the digital projector with equipment. It will be used on 6 major events done by Wikimedia Czech Republic in the first year after purchase.