Grants:PEG/WM CZ/Presentation & Outreach/Wikimedia Academy
- Legal name of chapter
- Wikimedia Czech Republic
- Grant contact name
- Grant contact user-name or e-mail
- Grant contact title (position)
- WM CZ grant coordinator
- Project lead name
- Project lead user-name or e-mail
- Project lead title (position), if any
- WM CZ vice chair
- Full project name
- Wikimedia Academy
- Amount requested (in USD)
- Provisional target start date
- postponed indefinitely
- Provisional completion date
- auditorium and computer classroom ... 400
- educational materials for participants ... 100
- Wikipedia book for participants ... 125
- personal costs ... 100 (for lecturers)
- travel costs ... 100 (for lecturers and organizers)
- administrative costs ... 200 (postage, communication...)
- participant fee ... 200
Wikimedia Academy shall be a seminar for teachers that will be introduced into Wikipedia editing through lectures and their own practise in a workshop.
To inform Czech teachers about Wikipedia rules and procedures, to improve the reputation of Wikipedia in educational sphere and to get more schools involved into the Wikipedia.
Fit to strategy
Wikimedia Academy are standard tools for establishing co-operation between Wikipedia and educational institutions, that have already taken place in various countries.
By stimulating of Wikipedia creation at school in a way that should respect the specialities of Wikipedia, the Wikipedia content can be improved a lot.
Measures of success
Realization of academia, getting feed back, making long-term relations.