Grants:PEG/WM DK/FSCONS 2011
- Legal name of chapter
- Wikimedia Danmark
- Grant contact name
- Simon van Studinski
- Grant contact e-mail
- Grant contact title (position)
- Project lead name(s)
- Ole Palnatoke Andersen
- Project lead e-mail
- Project lead title (position)
- Full project name
- FSCONS 2011 participation
- Amount requested (in USD)
- Provisional target start date
- November 11, 2011
- Provisional completion date
- November 13, 2011
|International transport||110 USD|
|Local transport||35 USD|
|Total 1 person||275 USD|
|Total 2 persons||550 USD|
Wikimedia Denmark would like to let two board members participate in a Nordic event covering free software. At this event we will be able to discuss a variety of issues concering Wikimedia's projects with people who has a genuine interest on the subject.
We will establish a stand with other Nordic Wikimedia chapters and have a Nordic Wikimedia meeting.
- Help people understand Wikimedia's projects better - including free licenses, editing, contributing and re-using.
- Recruit new contributors to Wikimedia's projects.
- Hold a Nordic Wikimedia meeting.
- Recruit new members for Wikimedia Denmark.
- Recruit new members for other Nordic Wikimedia chapters.
We will not require non-financial help, but access e.g. bookshelf and other works to help us out.
Fit to strategy
Generalle we hope the project will help us use the free software community and help them using us. This is done through our common Nordic stand where we will tell and show people about the projects.
This project allows us to take advantage of meet other Nordic chapters in person and help out each other.
Measures of success
We will consider this project a success if we have 100 discussions and recruit 5 new members for Wikimedia Denmark. However impact on people may be hard to measure so these numbers are merely estimations.