- Legal name of chapter
- Wikimédia Magyarország
- Grant contact name
- Bence Damokos
- Grant contact user-name or e-mail
- Grant contact title (position)
- Board member
- Project lead name
- Gábor Hanák
- Project lead user-name or e-mail
- Project lead title (position), if any
- Board member
- Full project name
- WikiCamp (in Hungarian: Wikitábor)
- Amount requested (in USD)
- Provisional target start date
- July 2009
- Provisional completion date
- August 2009
The money would cover three main aspects of the camp:
- organisational costs (communication, travel, etc.)
- costs of the programs and infrastructure (covering the costs of invited guests and speakers, internet access, etc.)
- scholarships and subsidies for the travel and accommodation of the participants who need financial help.
It has been a long standing plan of Hungarian Wikimedians to extend one-day meetups to a longer camplike gathering. Wikimedia Hungary plans to support this idea, believing that we can provide the organisational background and support that has been lacking, so far. The camp would be a multi-day gathering where established Wikipedians and those who are interested in Wikipedia can come together, socialize and hold workshops on various subjects (ranging from basic [to advanced] editing skills to pressing questions of copyright and related project policies, lobbying potential, etc.).
Initiation camps of different kinds have a tradition in Hungarian higher education (with universities and student associations), we believe we could capitalize on this tradition in the media and for those who are already members of our chapter.
The goal of this project is to organize a multiday gathering of Wikimedians and would-be Wikimedians to hold seminars, workshops and lectures for them and provide an opportunity to socialize.
We would welcome a mention on the Wikimedia blog, as this project - though fitting in the line of Wikimedia Conferences held by other chapters - would be a first of a kind (under this name and in Hungary for sure).
Measures of success
The project will be considered a success if we can organize at minimum a 3-day long meetup with at least 20 participants and hold at least three different workshops.