This is an application for the Reallocation for Bridge grant & PEG Grant that provides funding for staff and operating expenses for a period of 6 months or less. This application is developed in consultation with WMF staff, when an organization is invited to apply for a bridge grant.
- Organization name: Wikimedia India
- Funding period: February 01, 2016 - December 31, 2017
- Amount Reallocated from PEG Grant (in currency requested): 88,252.50 INR
- Amount Reallocated from Bridge Grant (in currency requested): 245,782 INR
Reallocation explained in detail
This Reallocation request consists of 2 parts
- Reallocating funds from WMIN's previous PEG Grant.
- Since WMIN has funds to be reallocated from a PEG grant, WMIN requests to reallocte the funds for which can help the community in organizing programs.
- WMIN runs its website on hosted servers from E2E Networks. Since WMIN has extra storage, it is now currently hosting different Wiki Loves websites like Wiki Loves Food, Wiki Loves Earth India & Wiki Loves Monuments India. This digital resource can be used by the Indian community to organize the different "Wiki Loves" Competitions.
- Allocation of funds from the PEG will be used to pay for the server charges & the domain renewal charges.
- Reallocating funds from WMIN's previous Bridge grant
- To sustain & meet the basic legal compliances of the land & also of WMF, WMIN proposes to reallocate budget for meeting its various compliance & othe administrative expenses
The following excel sheet has the expenses HERE