Grants:PEG/WM PH/General operations 2013/Reallocation 2
- Official project name
- Air-conditioning unit for Wikimedia Philippines' storage/working facility
- Project start date (include month, day, and year)
- June 16, 2014
- Project completion date (include month, day, and year)
- June 30, 2014
- Please describe the project in 1–2 sentences
- Procurement of an air-conditioning unit to be installed at the storage/working facility that Wikimedia Philippines is now using as its back office.
- Currency requested
- Philippine Pesos
- Amount requested in currency requested
- ₱ 23,000
- Equivalent amount in US$ on the date of this submission
- US$ 527
- List the exchange rate used to calculate the amount listed in US$
- ₱43.659 = $1.00 (Exchange rate of the Philippine Central Bank as of June 11, 2014)
- Primary contact name
- Eugene Villar
- Primary contact username or email
- eugene at wikimedia dot org dot ph
- Primary contact title (position within the organization)
Goals and measures of success
Please briefly describe what will be accomplished if the project is successful.
- Project goal
- This is not a project, but the objective is to install an air-conditioning unit at the non-commercial unit that Wikimedia Philippines is leasing as its storage facility and which also doubles as its back office or working facility.
- In past years, Wikimedia Philippines has been holding its Board and other meetings at the conference room provided by the virtual office facility (Benchmark) that Wikimedia Philippines has contracted to serve as its main and frontline office. While WMPH is allowed free 3 hours use of the conference room per quarter, the length and number of meetings means that the organization ends up paying for the excess usage fee, which amounts to ₱650 per hour. For the first four months of 2014, Wikimedia Philippines already spent ₱7,200 in conference room usage charges. On the other hand, the air-conditioning unit is rated 1 HP (0.7456 kW) and with prevailing electricity rates at around ₱10 per kilowatt-hour, the organization would only be paying at most ₱8 per hour in electricity (for the air-conditioning) if we hold our meetings at the storage/working facility instead of at Benchmark.
- It will be more economical for Wikimedia Philippines to hold small meetings at the storage/working facility, which is already equipped with working tables (arranged as a small conference table) and chairs. In addition, the organization will not be constrained with reservations and availability of the staff at Benchmark, especially during weekends, when Benchmark is normally closed and when the organization usually holds its meetings. (When we use the Benchmark conference room during weekends, their staff needs to be present and is considered overtime for them.)
- Benchmark will still be used to receive and meet guests and will remain to be our frontline office, but the storage/work facility will be utilized as a small meeting room for internal activities.
Measures of success
Please provide a list of measurable criteria that will be used determine how successful the project is.
- Measures of success
- This project will be considered successful if we will:
Project scope and activities
This section describes what will happen if this project is funded. Who will do what, and when?
- List of activities
Budget and resources
|Number||Category||Item description||Unit||Number of units||Cost per unit||Total cost||Currency||Notes|
|1||1 HP Window-type Air conditioning unit||1||1||23,000 ($527)||23,000 ($527)||PHP||Amount should cover installation and delivery charges|
In the sections below, please describe how the project is related to the Wikimedia mission and Wikimedia's strategic priorities.
Fit to strategy
- How will this project support the key organizational objectives of
- This expense is part of general administration and operations of Wikimedia Philippines.
- This statement should address at least one of the strategic priorities listed here specifically. See WMF Grants Program criteria for decisionmaking.
- If the project will benefit a specific online community, please tell us.