- Legal name of chapter or nonchapter group
- "WikiBilim" Public Foundation
- Grant contact name
- Rauan Kenzhekhanuly
- Grant contact username or email
- Grant contact title (position)
- Director of "WikiBilim" Public Foundation
- Project lead name
- Nartay Ashim
- Project lead username or email
- Project lead title (position), if any
- WikiBilim PF coordinator
- Full project name
- Turkic speaking wikipemedians conference -- conference page
- Amount requested (in USD)
- Provisional target start date
The 18th of November 201120 April 2012
- Provisional completion date
The 19th of November 201121 April 2012
- Travel (Scholarships): USD 12 000
- 15-20 people from outside of Kazakhstan (1 person direct two way flight = 500-700 USD)
- 15-20 people from other province of Kazakhstan (1 person direct two way train ticket = 80-150 USD)
- Accommodations: USD 3 000 (one night for one person in hotel with discount = 80-100 USD)
- Meal: USD 2 000
- includes 3 times meal for participants from other countries and coffee-break for all participants.
- Goodie bags with handouts (stuff with Wikipedia Logo): USD 1 000 (for paper based stuff such like flyers, maps, pens, pads)
- Communications costs - internet, mobile phone for volunteers - USD 300
- Transportations inside city and to Sightseeing, meeting with local community (with diaspora in Kazakhstan): USD 1 000.
Also we would like to invite Andrew Lih as key speaker after we get confirmation. And one developer to run workshop after we'll get confirmation from Sumana Harihareswara (as coordinator for volunteering developers of MW), in case we'll get the grant.
Travel and accommodation expenses for 2 person from USA will be around USD 3500 (the ticket in two way for one person = 1200-1500 USD).100 USD for accommodation for single WMF representative.
Additional from sponsors:
- video and photograph
- inviting local speakers
- mass media coverage
- The scope of project is international as the Turkic speaking wikimedians conference will gather people from 7 countries and 11 WM language segments. Most of them still have small amount of active volunteers. But in same time Turkish, Azerbaijan and Kazakh WM has reached some point in development their local community. So that people can share the ideas and tools in order to help each other to develop own community. The main thing consolidate them are Turkic language, history, culture and geography.
- Also we would like to gather people who are interesting to participate in KK WP as well.
- At the moment we have steady negotiations with Turkish, Azeri, Kyrgyz, Saha, Tatar, Bashkir and Uzbek WM users. Still waiting answer from Turkmen, Crimean Tatar and Karakalpak WP users.
- Discuss problems in development of local community for small languages.
- Share experience and tools from successful WM projects.
- Share information and ideas related to common language, culture, history and geography.
- Organize First big event and face to face meeting for Kazakhstan Wikimedians.
- Learn new features developed in MediaWiki software.
- Establish strong team of volunteers to work further as the Local Wikimedia chapter in Kazakhstan
- T-shirts (100)
- Stickers (1000)
- buttons (1000)
- We believe that by conducting such kind of project we will increase attention and support of media and business community to volunteers activity and volunteers culture.
- If we will have media coverage on national and international level it would make easier to communicate and work with state bodies concerning the access to high quality content.
Measures of success
- We will consider as a success if we will establish strong link between the participants from different wikimedians in order to help each other develop to grow up small languages.
- Therefore, it would be success if we will gather people from other provinces of Kazakhstan in order to establish strong communications and work activity of Wikimedia Chapter on National level.
- A rise in the growth rate of other Turkic editing communities following the event (six months after the event; a year after the event) would be a success
18 November 2011
- Arriving day
19 November 2011
- 9:30 - Opening ceremony (Talks from Parliament members, representative from Government of the RoK)
- 10:00-11:00 - Presentation from WMF representatives
- 11:00-13:00 - Panel Discussions and presentations with WP representatives (editors)
- 13:00-14:30 - Lunch break
- 14:30-16:00 - Lecture from Creative Commons representative ()
- 16:00-16:30 - Coffee break
- 16:30-18:00 - Presentation (Workshop) from WMF Developers team
- Welcome party
20 November 2011
- 10:00 12:00 - Future plans discussions (projects, ideas and suggestions of people from Kazakhstan regions)
- 12:00-13:30 - Lunch time
- - Sightseeing to w:Medeu and w:Shymbulak