Grants:Project/Chinmayisk/Community toolkit for Greater Diversity/Modules
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Who are we?
- Why are we doing this project?
- Why do we need diversity?
- Why underrepresented peoples should write and be written about and not have other people write their stories for them
- How do Wikipedia and its sister projects, the community and the Wikimedia movement in general benefit from greater diversity and inclusion?
- Are certain demographics underrepresented because “they are not interested in contributing”?
- “Knowledge gap does not exist.”
- Why do we need to identify privilege?
- Why is ignorance of (one’s own) privilege or lack thereof, bad for the sum of all human knowledge?
- Identifying privilege across:
- Gender and sexuality
- And their intersections with each other
- How to identify intentional or unintentional exhibition of privilege
- Evaluating privilege
- Evaluating and checking one’s own privilege and that of one’s community
- How to create an inclusive and safe environment for everyone based on the above
Collaborating with or supporting underrepresented groups
- Lived experiences (written by individuals from these groups)
- Conscious development of empathy towards underrepresented groups
- Reading list
Using wikitools to identify content gaps
- Why do we need to use various wiki-based tools?
- To impart tangibility to the idea of the knowledge gap and to support assertions with verifiable data
- To quantify the lack of diversity among contributors and in the content
- What tools do we use?
- What are their limitations?
- What do we empirically learn from what we find using the tools?
- Among our findings, which ones may be considered conclusive?
- Creating safe spaces for events
- How to support underrepresented groups beyond and after an event held for targeted outreach
- How to design a program to make this effort sustainable
- Understanding effort vs. impact
- Methodologies to measure impact
- How to determine and draft the optimal code of conduct and friendly space policy for an event
- How to create an enabling environment for participants to access the Internet and other resources they may require
- Tips for novice editors participating in an event
- Tips for organisers of events in which most of the participants are novice
- Map of conflict resolution
Facilitating an event for underrepresented groups
- How to determine the needs of the group
- How to create an event without attracting unwanted attention