Part 1: The Project
Please copy and paste the project goals from your proposal page. Under each goal, write at least three sentences about how you met that goal over the course of the project. Alternatively, if your goals changed, you may describe the change, list your new goals and explain how you met them, instead.
- G1: take the
soweegovalidator component from experimental to stable;
- G2: submit validation results to the target catalog providers;
- G3: engage the Wikidata community via effective communication of
- we haven't achieved this goal;
- several threads around criterion 2 have been discussed on the main grantee's talk page, though;
- G4: expand
soweegocoverage to additional target catalogs;
- we couldn't work on this goal.
Important: The Wikimedia Foundation is no longer collecting Global Metrics for Project Grants.
- In the first column of the table below, please copy and paste the measures you selected to help you evaluate your project's success (see the Project Impact section of your proposal). Please use one row for each measure. If you set a numeric target for the measure, please include the number.
- In the second column, describe your project's actual results. If you set a numeric target for the measure, please report numerically in this column. Otherwise, write a brief sentence summarizing your output or outcome for this measure.
- In the third column, you have the option to provide further explanation as needed. You may also add additional explanation below this table.
|Planned measure of success
(include numeric target, if applicable)
|Validator datasets: 250k ranked statements + 120k new statements||527,273 + 22,218 = 549,491||Sum of identifier statements and biographical statements. Note that the latter comes from MusicBrainz musicians only, additional datasets can be generated by launching the validator. Ranked statements are not available, as we haven't applied criterion 1.|
|Feedback loop datasets: 440k rotten URLs + 128k extra values||51,440 + 119,158 + 55,706 = 226,304||Sum of rotten URLs and extra biographical values. Note that the latter targets MusicBrainz musicians only, additional datasets can be generated by launching the validator.|
|370k content pages created or improved||1,215,228 edits||Total edits made by the soweego bot on Wikidata.|
|50 people involved||38||Sum of the soweego team, project advisor, volunteers, target catalog owners, Wikidata users who provided feedback, and participants of the d:Wikidata:Events/Data_Quality_Days_2021 talk.|
|25 newly registered users||Not achieved||The project terminated earlier.|
|Request for comment||Not achieved||The project terminated earlier.|
Please provide links to all public, online documents and other artifacts that you created during the course of this project. Even if you have linked to them elsewhere in this report, this section serves as a centralized archive for everything you created during your project. Examples include: meeting notes, participant lists, photos or graphics uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, template messages sent to participants, wiki pages, social media (Facebook groups, Twitter accounts), datasets, surveys, questionnaires, code repositories... If possible, include a brief summary with each link.
- Code repository: https://github.com/Wikidata/soweego
- workboard: https://github.com/Wikidata/soweego/projects/2
- Wikidata constraints violation checker contribution: https://github.com/wmde/wikidata-constraints-violation-checker/pull/33
Community engagement & dissemination
- Validation criteria discussion:
- URL statistics:
- criterion 3 bot task: d:Wikidata:Requests_for_permissions/Bot/Soweego_bot_4
- talk given at the d:Wikidata:Events/Data_Quality_Days_2021: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Soweego_at_Wikidata_data_quality_days.pdf
- Cloud VPS documentation improvement: wikitech:special:diff/1925476
- bug report for the Cloud VPS team: phab:T291168
- support for a relevant property creation: d:Wikidata:Property_proposal/musik-sammler.de_artist_ID
Part 2: The Grant
Please copy and paste the completed table from your project finances page. Check that you’ve listed the actual expenditures compared with what was originally planned. If there are differences between the planned and actual use of funds, please use the column provided to explain them.
|Expense||Approved amount||Actual funds spent||Difference|
|Project lead||52,735 €||19,776 €||32,959 €|
|Core system architect||12,253 €||1,208 €||11,045 €|
|Research assistant||14,330 €||4,016 €||10,314 €|
|Dissemination||1,000 €||0 €||1,000 €|
|Total||80,318 €||25,000 €||55,318 €|
Do you have any unspent funds from the grant?
Please answer yes or no. If yes, list the amount you did not use and explain why.
No. The reported spending corresponds to the first installment paid by WMF.
Please answer yes or no. If no, include an explanation.
Confirmation of project status
Did you comply with the requirements specified by WMF in the grant agreement?
Please answer yes or no.
Is your project completed?
Please answer yes or no.