Grants:Project/MSIG/Free Knowledge Africa Movement Strategy/Report
Please respond to the following questions below:
Where have you published your draft plan? Share the link to it here:
- The draft plan has been published at Free Knowledge Africa Strategic Plan Report For Skills And Leadership Development
What Movement Strategy initiative is this draft plan supporting?
- Global approach for local skill development - gathering data, matching peers, mentorship, recognition.
What activities have you completed to produce this draft plan? The following activities were paramount in producing the draft plan:
- A meetup was held to talk about Wikimedia 2030 Movement Strategy Recommendations to know about people understanding of the whole movement.
- A session on skills and leadership in student-led Wikimedia communities
- Questionnaire was prepared for survey.
- Data was collected through the survey
- Analyzing the data from the surveys.
- Interviews were conducted.
- Our findings and recommendations were put together in a report
- Our findings and recommendations were reported to community members.
In which community channels have you announced your draft plan?
- The draft plan was shared with Free Knowledge Africa community members.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Research (time needed to review, perform analysis, or investigate any information needed to support implementation ideas or planning): $500
- Facilitation (facilitation time including facilitator preparation, meeting facilitation time, and debriefing): $500
- Documentation (document preparation time, time spent documenting of discussion, post-meeting work): $200
- Coordination (coordinator work to manage or support multiple workflows to prepare for meeting): $200
- Online tools or services (subscription services for online meeting platforms, social media promotion): $100
- Data (internet or mobile costs for organizers or participants to access or participate in activities): $200
- Other: (Miscellaneous): $100
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Yes, $200. We would like to spend it on a similar project.
Anything else you want to share about your project?