Grants:Project/Rapid/Celebrating 15 Years of the Afrikaans Wikipedia/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Yes, the project met its goals and the chapter was happy with how it went.
Please report on your original project targets.
- The number of people we expected to attend the event attended. The numbers were on target. We were also able to use the event to piggy back the Wikimedia ZA Annual General Meeting off of it by allowing one of the board members (who is also a major Af Wikipedia editor) to attend the AGM. The event was successful at reinforcing the sense of community within the Af.Wikipedia editing community as well as with the broader South African editing community in general.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|10 attendees minimum||12-15 attendees||Turnout was at an expected level. Group moral and sense of community was raise as was publicity for af.Wikipedia.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Venue and organisation worked out well. We were also able to use the event to get some media attention on Af.Wikipedia's 15th birthday and encourage more people to edit the Wiki.
- Wikipedia Doen Jou DeelVir Afrikaans (22 November 2016), Maroela Media.
- What did not work so well?
- Due to scheduling difficulties by some Cape Town based editors and geographical reality for editors based in the rest of the country not everyone who expressed a wish to attend was able to.
- What would you do differently next time?
Calculations based on exchange rate dated 3 October 2016 taken from Oanda Currency Converter
|Nr||Qty||Description||Cost per Unit||Amount Requested (ZAR)||Amount Requested (USD)||Amount Spent (ZAR)||Amount left over (ZAR)|
|1||2||Flights from various destinations in South Africa (and possibly Namibia)||3 500||7 000||504||5 000||2 000|
|2||2||Single Accommodation x 1 evening (bed and breakfast)||1 850||3 700||266.40||5 490||-1 790|
|3||2||Travel Agent Fee||350||700||50.40||0||700|
|4||30||Cocktail Party - Catering||340||10 200||734.40||2 500||7 700|
|5||1||Contingencies||5 000||5 000||360||0||5 000|
|TOTAL||26,600||1 915.20||7 500||13 610|
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Yes, ZAR 13 610.00 (US$ 980.55)
We would like to know if we could use some of the remaining funds to pay for chapter running costs such as paying for accountants & web hosting?
Anything else you want to share about your project?