Grants:Project/Rapid/Ceslause/WPWP Campaign for Igbo Wiki Community/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Overall, we are happy with the project. We successfully had 32 participants who registered for the campaign, and but more articles than we targeted were updated with good quality photos from Wiki Commons.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|30 Participants||32 Participants||Though we had 32 registered participants, we had only 7 active contributors showing on the tracker. Some people's edits didn't show at all. This was later understood as a technical glitch.|
|300 articles created or improved with quality photos||749 articles created or improved with quality photos||We used the Wikimedia hashtag tool to measure. This is the link https://hashtags.wmflabs.org/?query=WPWPIG&project=&startdate=&enddate=&search_type=or&user= . The hashtag we use is #WPWPIG.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- What did not work so well?
- What would you do differently next time?
- We had a lot of good engagement in our WhatsApp group -- people seemed to like communicating with each other about what articles they were improving.
They easily asked for clarity about the subjects discussed during the training which were not clear to them.
- We had to remind participants several times not to dwell on putting many photos in one article, so that they would have improved several articles by the end of the campaign. It was quite problematic for a lot of people to get on Zoom for the training, apparently the Zoom platform was a bit ambiguous for some participants during the training. We would look at having the training next time on a more user friendly app, like WhatsApp or Telegram.
- Giving 4G internet devices and data bundles as prizes was welcomed. We hope to do that again.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Prizes = ₦125,775
- Internet subscription for project team = ₦174,150
- Graphics = ₦87,075
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
No remaining funds.
Anything else you want to share about your project? It would have been nice if the campaign could be conducted more than once in a year, as this rapidly take care of all those articles lacking illustrative photos in a shorter time.