Grants:Project/Rapid/Ebenezer Mlay/Months of African Cinema, Arusha 2020/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- I met my goals and I am happy with how the project went.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of participants - 18||Number of participants - 24||The target was reached|
|Number of articles created or improved - 50+||Number of articles created or improved - 196||Target achieved|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Despite the global pandemic, the project went really well and the target was achieved. More people are developing skills and they are happy to help the new ones.
- What did not work so well?
- Due to the fact that the community didn't have any physical meetups for a long while some of the participants were losing the skills and knowledge, they already had and it was a challenge to start over the training but luckily they caught up fast.
- What would you do differently next time?
- I will have regular meetup events to have more people contributing to Wikimedia projects with confidence
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Food - 1,050,000 TZS
- Tea, Drinks and Bites - 600,000 TZS
- Internet - 150,000 TZS
- Local Transport - 1,050,000 TZS
- Venue - 240,000 TZS
- Stationary - 210,000 TZS
- Camera rent - 300,000 TZS
- Gifts for winners- 750000 TZS
- Personal Protective Equipment (Face cloth masks and sanitizers) 270,000 TZS
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
- There are no grant funds remaining
Anything else you want to share about your project? The link to the program's dashboard is here.