Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Yes this a very good start for the WIKINOMAD project.
This year (2018) , WikiNomad Project has targeted around four important points :
- Recruit new editors : Initiate 10 young people from The associations of the city of Oran ("ISOCLUB" and "The Algerian nomads").
- Engage existing editors : Transmit their know-how in publishing in Wikipedia and commons (show that we can edit encyclopedia wikipedia).
- Add and improve content : Enrich Wikipedia in articles and pictures on Algeria.
- Establish links : With local associations of the visited cities.
Please report on your original project targets. dashboard https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/courses/WikiDZ/WikiNomad_2018_(Extention_date)
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of participants : 10||18||success of the registration campaign within the nomadic association. we were obliged, following the insistence of the applicants, to accept an increase in the number of participants in the project.|
|Number of photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons: 500||154||At first we think we have overestimated the number of photos to be collected during the project.
but after we are surprised by the number of photos taken.
|Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects :30||12 Files used in articles||12 photos are actually used by different articles and pages, this number should increase thereafter.|
|Number of articles created on Wikimedia projects :30||17 Articles Created, 44 Articles Edited, 14.3k Words Added||we achieved more than half of our goal, but we worked on 44 articles on Ain Sefra. in different languages (French and English Arabic)|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well? social media campaign - the expedition - the workshops
- What did not work so well? upload cessions - editing articles
- What would you do differently next time? Next time, we need to organize an exclusive download assignment to upload any photos taken during the expedition
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|Designation||Total local Currency DZD||Total in USD|
|Pack participant + Printing + Tchirts||78 000,00|
|Telephone Card recharge||4 000,00|
|Meals Meeting and training||700,00|
|Meal during travel||3 300,00|
|Meal during travel 01/11/2018||18 000,00|
|Meal during travel 03/11/2018||18 000,00|
|Transportation to ainsefra||11 000,00|
|accommodation in ainsefra 1/11/2018||14 765,00|
|accommodation in ainsefra 03/11/2018||24 420,00|
|Cam Accommodation in Oran 24/11/2018||48 432,70|
|transportation fuel||15 000,00|
|Grand Total||DZD 235 527,70||USD 1 983,143234 (curency 117,88 / 0,00842 at 29/07/2018)|
|remaining fund||DZD - 1 527,70||USD 1,92 (curency 117,88 / 0,00842 at 29/07/2018)|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
No . We had negative balance around DZD - 1 527,70, we collected external funds not mentioned in this table to covering the entire project - because we accepted more thar 15 participants planned. But if we convert in curency the result is positive usd1.92
Anything else you want to share about your project?