Grants:Project/Rapid/Global Open Initiative/Movement Strategy Implementation Plan

From Meta, a Wikimedia project coordination wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
statusproposed
Greetings from the year 2030.png
Global Open Initiative/Movement Strategy Implementation Plan
To conduct research, encourage community participation and document implementation plan.
targetplease add a target wiki
start dateJuly 31
start year2021
end dateSeptember 30
end year2021
budget (local currency)GHS11500
budget (USD)1,980.58
grant typeorganization
non-profit statusYes
contact(s)• harrietbayel(_AT_)gmail.com• globalopeninitiative(_AT_)gmail.com
organization (if applicable)• Global Open Initiative Foundation
website (if applicable)Global Open Initiative
join
endorse

Applications are not required to be in English. Please complete the application in your preferred language.

Project Goal[edit]

Choose one or more of the following goals. You can add or delete goals as needed.

  1. Conduct research to support a draft implementation plan
  2. Encourage community participation
  3. Document drafted plan
  4. Encourage and coordinate community discussions around drafted plans.

Project Plan[edit]

Activities[edit]

  1. What movement strategy initiative will your implementation work focus on? Please select one of the initiatives described here.
    Ensure Equity in Decision Making. There has been some silence from the African wiki communities around certain very important initiatives including the establishment of the Movement Charter and Regional hubs
  2. What community or communities will be involved in this movement strategy implementation work?.
    Sub-Saharan Wiki communities
  3. Do you have any specific implementation ideas to support this initiative? Are you aware of any specific ideas in your community? If so, please briefly describe 1-2 of these ideas here.
    We need to do some research to refine all these ideas better. The ideas are:
    • Let’s Talk Strategy 2030 - A weekly meet up with African Wikimedians to inform and discuss ongoing activities by the Wiki communities which relates with Implementation of the 2030 movement strategy. We think having such talks about what other communities are doing or plan to do could inspire members from the sub-Saharan region to also take interest or get inspired to also get involved.
    • Finding a representative from the African wiki communities to join the drafting group of the Movement Charter
  4. Please describe your specific activities below to develop a draft implementation plan. What will you do to support your goals to implement this initiative from movement strategy? If possible, please provide a general timeline for these activities. When will they begin and how long will your activities take?
    • July 31 to August 14 - Contract two researchers who will reach out to all Wiki affiliates and groups whom we want to attend these community discussions.
    • August 14 to September 14 Research - The researchers will find out from all communities what time and day will be appropriate for such a community call. They will also find out the logistics needed for our plan. And we also intend to find out the level of participation we should be expecting from each of the affiliates and organizations within the targeted region. Researching goes on. While the two contractors are researching during this period, we will meet bi-weekly with all team members to discuss the progress of our findings and brainstorm to refine our ideas. We will use these weekly team meetings to inform and discuss various topics around the Movement 2030 Strategy with our community members.
    • September 14 to September 30 - Final Documentation of plans.
  5. How have you let relevant Wikimedia communities know about this proposal?
    You are required to provide links to on-wiki pages to inform these communities about your proposed work. Examples of places where this can be done include community discussion pages, affiliate discussion pages, or relevant project talk pages.
  6. How will you keep your community updated about progress and outcomes for these activities? Who will be responsible for communicating these updates? Please add the names or usernames of these individuals below.
    For example: User:I JethroBT
    • We update our community via our Global Open Initiative social media spaces
    • We will share updates on various social media group pages and mailing list. User:Mwintirew and Naa2Darkoa will be in charge of this
  7. If you are organizing community discussions, what is your facilitation plan to support productive discussions around movement strategy implementation? Please also provide a link to a Friendly Space Policy that will be implemented to support these discussions. If you are not doing these activities, please write N/A.
    We will ensure all participants abide by the friendly space policy
  8. If you are requesting funding for online tools or services to support participation, please describe these services and how they will be used. If not, please write N/A.
    Our zoom subscription is almost due so we would need to re-subscribe.
  9. If you are translating any materials, in what languages will you be supporting translation? Who will be responsible for doing the translations? If not, please write N/A.
  10. What other roles are important for these activities? Please describe these roles and provide the usernames or names of who will perform these roles.
    • Social media publicist - Nana yaa series will be responsible for developing creative and engaging social media posts that will educate and also spark conversations among community members.
    • Facilitation - Kinvidia and Naa2Darkoa will be facilitating discussions during Community calls.
    • Outreach - Amoniwaa and Sunkanmi12 will be designing flyers, registration forms, calling and emailing participants
    • Documentation - Nana yaa series and Naa2Darkoa will be in charge of documenting plans
    • Coordination - Mwintirew and Kinvidia will be in charge of coordinating activities and all team members of this project.
  11. Are you running any in-person events or activities? If so, you will need to complete the steps outlined in the Risk Assessment protocol related to COVID-19. When you have completed these steps, please provide a link to your completed copy of the risk assessment tool below:
  12. Is there anything else you want to tell us about this project?
    • We would like to organise a skills and training retreat for all our core team members and we intend on using the contracted researchers to help us do some research in putting together a good plan for this skills training as well.
    • We will invite Zuz(WMF) to our weekly meetings to clarify questions that our community members might have that we the facilitators cannot answer


Outcomes[edit]

After your activities are complete, we would like to understand the draft implementation plan for your community. You will be required to prepare a document detailing this plan around a movement strategy initiative. This report can be prepared through Meta-wiki using the Share your results button on this page. The report can be prepared in your language, and is not required to be written in English.

In this report, you will be asked to:

  • Provide a link to the draft implementation plan document or Wikimedia page
  • Describe what activities supported the development of the plan
  • Describe how and where you have communicated your plan to relevant communities.
  • Report on how your funding was spent

Your draft implementation plan document should address the following questions clearly:

  • What movement strategy initiative or goal are you addressing?
  • What activities will you be doing to address that initiative?
  • What do you expect will happen as a result of your activities? How do those outcomes address the movement strategy initiative?
  • How will you measure or evaluate your activities? What tools or methods will you use to evaluate your activities?

To create a draft implementation plan, we recommend the use of a logic model, which will help you and your team think about goals, activities, outcomes, and other factors in an organized way. Please refer the following resources to develop a logic model:

Please confirm below that you will be able to prepare a draft implementation plan document by the end of your grant:

  • Yes

Optionally, you are welcome to include other information you'd like to share around participation and representation in your activities. Please include any additional outcomes you would like to report on below:

Budget[edit]

How you will use the funds you are requesting? List bullet points for each expense. Don’t forget to include a total amount, and update this amount in the Probox at the top of your page too!

  • Research (time needed to review, perform analysis, or investigate any information needed to support implementation ideas or planning): GHS8000
  • Facilitation (facilitation time including facilitator preparation, meeting facilitation time, and debriefing):
  • Documentation (document preparation time, time spent documenting of discussion, post-meeting work):GHS1800
  • Translation (translation costs for briefs and global materials):
  • Coordination (coordinator work to manage or support multiple workflows to prepare for meeting):
  • Online tools or services (subscription services for online meeting platforms, social media promotion):GHS700
  • Data (internet or mobile costs for organizers or participants to access or participate in activities):GHS1000
  • Venue or space for meeting (costs of renting a physical meeting space):
  • Transportation costs (costs of supporting organizers or participants to attend the meeting):
  • Meals (costs related to refreshments, lunches, or other meals during in-person activities):
  • Other:

TOTAL:GHS11500

Completing your application[edit]

Once you have completed the application, please do the following:

  • Change the application status from status=draft to status=proposed in the {{Probox}} template.
  • Contact strategy2030(_AT_)wikimedia.org and rapidgrants(_AT_)wikimedia.org to confirm your submission, as well as to request any support around your application.

Endorsements[edit]

Community members are encouraged to endorse your project request here!

  1. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support I endorse this projectSunkanmi12 (talk) 18:07, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
  2. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support I endorse this project because it will increase community participation and involvement in the activities of the movement.Warmglow (talk) 19:11, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
  3. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support I endorse this project bec hoause it will encourage community participation.Oladipupo193 (talk) 20:06, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
  4. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support I endorse this project Nana yaa series (talk) 22:08, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
  5. I endorse this great project TereseB (talk) 13:49, 16 June 2021 (UTC)
  6. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support I endorse this project.Jemima2019 (talk) 19:01, 16 June 2021 (UTC)
  7. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support I endorse this project. Mukaram123 (talk) 20:47, 16 June 2021 (UTC)
  8. Symbol strong support vote.svg Strong support I endorse this project.Amuzujoe (talk) 06:45, 17 June 2021 (UTC)