Grants:Project/Rapid/Godstime Elijah/Wikipedia Promotion Campaign to Ilorin Corpers/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Yes. The goals of the campaign was met and even exceeded by a great margin as participants were more than willing to contribute. I was really please with the way things turned out during the campaign.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of events = 2||2||Two physical events|
|Number of participants= 25||25||In terms of the number of participants we exceeded the target.|
|Number of articles improved = 0||47 ||.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
The participants were enthusiastic about learning and even went ahead to make contributions though it was meant to be a campaign.
- What did not work so well?
The response on the first day was not up to expectation but the next day they really turned out.
- What would you do differently next time?
In the subsequent ones we will try as much as possible to work on areas of lapses.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Food and drinks = #115,500
- Internet support for team members = #57,750
- Internet support for participants during the event = #96,250
- Customized shirts for participants = #30,000
- Online Promotions = #23,100
- Banners and posters = 34,650
- Camera rentage = #20,000
- Hall rental = #154,000
- Branded notebooks = #60,000
- Branded pens = #36,250
- Projector rental = #5,000
- Local Inter-state transportation for facilitator = #47,000
- Hotel Accomodations for facilitator = #57,750
- Bank charges = #12,215
Total = #749,465
Do you have any remaining grant funds? No
Anything else you want to share about your project? Getting both new and existing Wikimedians to edit is one the benefits that this project has afforded members of the community in Kwara and I'm glad that I was able to implement in this campaign.