Grants:Project/Rapid/Islahaddow/WLA 2019 Pre-Contest Communications/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
Yes. Very happy. The communications materials were bright and fun - and in keeping with the theme for 2019 of Play!
Please report on your original project targets. Original targets were: Specific elements that needed to be developed and the process managed:
- website text and updating
- design oversight
- call leaflet and poster text
- video creation and dissemination
- launch press release creation
- press release template
- dissemination of all materials across all digital platforms
- share all elements with all local volunteer teams
- launch press release dissemination and liaison with WM community blogs
Elements that required a designer to develop:
- 2019 call leaflet
- 2019 call posters
- event templates
- social media branding
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Marketing and social media materials, press release template||done||Communications section on the Wiki Loves Afria 2019 Meta page|
|Website update||done||Wiki Loves Africa website|
|launch press release dissemination and liaison with WM community blogs||partially done||Press release template. Wikimedia Foundation Blog team contacted and they claimed they were only interested in covering the winning images, not in publicising the contest to the community.|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
Everything worked well. Some countries used their own designs, but others used the designed supplied.
- What did not work so well?
Not everyone used the materials.
- What would you do differently next time?
Not much - up to the community organisers as to whether they want to use the materials or not.
Pretty much, there was not much that was not unexpected.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- All grant funds (USD1995.00) were used as detailed in the rapid grant application:
- Communications development, copywriting and editing, design brief and liaison, website update and creation, materials dissemination: R12,000.00 (USD825.00)
- Video script, image selection and video creation and editing : R10,000.00 (USD690.00)
- Design of all elements : R7,000.00 (USD480.00)
Do you have any remaining grant funds? No funds remaining
Anything else you want to share about your project?