Grants:Project/Rapid/Modjou/Equipment Pocket Wifi/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
|Proposed Goals||Achieved Goals|
|Improve the content on Wikimedia platforms.||Those devices helped improve many articles related to Côte d'Ivoire on Wikimedia projects.
Also, they created a stronger engagement of some of the volunteers.
|Engage the volunteers of the User Group of Côte d'Ivoire.|
|Increase the User Group's work capacity|
Please report on your original project targets.
|Number of photos uploaded: 100||609||In short, devices were of great help within the association. Without those devices it would have been harder to reach these numbers.|
|Number of photos used on Wikimedia projects: 10 (10%)||+10|
|Number of articles created/improved: 50||90|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
What worked well?
- Mobile operators have lowered the price of pocket-wifi devices.These were therefore accessible at a lower price than expected.
- Equipment was then purchased and share in rotation among members of the local user group.
- Devices have been used in many of our activities: training sessions, workshops, etc. This allowed a good improvement of content related to Côte d'Ivoire .
What did not work so well?
Internet fees and Transport allowance :
- The amount of money to recharge the equipment was insufficient. Indeed, the internet plan mentioned in the grant did not give a fluid and sustainable internet speed: the internet plan lasted 2 weeks maximum.
- Transportation fees to recharge the equipment was not planned in the grant.This resulted in additional costs absorbed by the user group.
What would you do differently next time?
- Plan transportation fees to purchase and recharge equipment
- Increase amount allocated to recharging devices and choose a better plan. This lesson was also learned in the 1lib1ref project, which took place at the same time.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
|Expense type||Total (XOF)||Total ( USD)||Actual Expenditure (USD)||Notes|
|Pocket wifi||184 000||331,36||233.76||Mobile operators have lowered the price of pocket-wifi devices.These were therefore accessible at a lower price than expected.|
|Internet credit for six months||300 000||540,26||540.26|
|Transport allowance||20 000||35,54||213.24||Transportation fees to recharge wiki-pocket devices was not planned in the grant. To cover those fees, we used 97.61 USD collected when purchasing pocket-wifi at lower prices; The association has provided for the difference to reach 213.24 USD.|
|TOTAL||907,63||987.26||Our user group compensated the difference|
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
As per the actual spending outlined above we exceeded our original budget by $ 79.63, which was caused by unforeseen transportation and internet fees. This amount has been absorbed by our User Group.
Anything else you want to share about your project?
The project was truly successful in our opinion.