Grants:Project/Rapid/ObyEzeilo/Nigerian Female Politicians on Wikidata/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went? Yes, the goals were met and I am happy with the outcome.
- Promote integration between Wikidata and other Wikimedia projects- Some of the editors have worked on other wiki projects, I introduce them to wikidata for the first time thereby enabling information mix from one Wiki to the other, also some of the Information used were gotten from English Wikipedia
- Increase content on Nigerian female politicians on wikidata-- We added more content on Nigerian female politicians on wikidata
- Recruit new editors- 16 new editors were recruited
- Teach new volunteers how to edit and add content in Wikidata-- Most of them added to content in Wikidata after our training
- Increase skills for existing editors on wikidata--I held discussions with the Editors on editing Wikidata to improve their knowledge
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|Number of participants 35||more than 35||It was supposed to be 7 persons per event project but some times less than or more than 7 persons will participate in an event|
|Number of new editors 5||16 new editors Participated in the project||We exceeded the number of new editors|
|Number of items created or improved = 60||5 items created, 69 items edited, 94 references, Total edits 476.||It's a good start bearing in mind that 95% of them were new editors. Here is the link to the dashboard. https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/courses/Oby_Ezeilo/Nigerian_Female_Politicians_on_Wikidata/home|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well? Getting new editors who were happy to find something to keep them busy and gear to do it again was an exciting experience for me.
- What did not work so well?
- The EndSars Protest disrupted some of our training we would have done more.
- Trainning the new editors on Wikidata was very difficult, it took a lot of time. Understanding the technical terms (SPAQL, QUERY, STRUCTURE, ITEMS) was a bit confusing for them.
- What would you do differently next time?
- Find a way to make the training less technical.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- Data for participants =#266,000.00
- Sovernier for 15 best participants= #199,500.00
- hire of 2 laptops= #45,600.00
- writing material= #1,900.00
- Total = # 513,000.00 ($1350.00)
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Yes $60 being payment for Zoom is remaining. Someone supported with Zoom subscription.
Anything else you want to share about your project?