Grants:Project/Rapid/Oludegun/Celebrating Wikipedia 20 in the ancient city of Ibadan ( Promoting Social Inclusion in the society)/Report
Did you meet your goals? Are you happy with how the project went?
- We are happy about how the project went. Though some of the targeted goals were partly met.
Please report on your original project targets. Please be sure to review and provide metrics required for Rapid Grants.
|Target outcome||Achieved outcome||Explanation|
|At least 20 people will attend and meetup.||15 physically challenged people participated at the event||see the list here|
|At least 20 articles that are related to physically disadvantage people in Nigeria will be created or improved.||5 articles were improved about Nigerian physically challenged personalities||See the list here|
|At least 3 videos on three notable and physically disadvantage people in Nigeria will be produced and promoted on social media.||Yes, we recorded a video for three notable physically challenged personalities in Nigeria||See the video See the video here|
|At least 3 videos will be produced and uploaded on Wikimedia commons.||We uploaded a video for three physically challenged personalities on commons||See the video here|
Projects do not always go according to plan. Sharing what you learned can help you and others plan similar projects in the future. Help the movement learn from your experience by answering the following questions:
- What worked well?
- Partnership with a physically challenged organization at the university of Ibadan.
- The event was organized within a tertiary organization which allows us to have access to some of the educated and enlighten physically challenged people that are familiar with Wikipedia.
- We engaged a sign language interpreter to help with conveying messages to the participant hearing impairment.
- We work with an academic staff in the department of Special studies, University of Ibadan who helps with the coordination of the event.
- What did not work so well?
- Time and schedule of the event is so short,so, it was difficult to impact an appreciate knowledge that will be enough to sustain the participants in editing of Wikipedia without vandalizing the platform.
- Some of the participants needs some special tools, facilities and environment to be fully involved in the event.
- We did not make provision for the promotion of the video in the approved budget.
- Since there different level of disability among the participants, rate of assimilation were also different among the participants.
- What would you do differently next time?
- We need to plan for training for at least 3days with a follow-up event.
- We need to identify tools, facilities and the right environment needed by each participant before organizing such an event in future.
- Since assimilation rate differs per category of disabilities, our future training will focus on a category per training eg Training for the hearing impairment will be different from the sight impairment participants.
Grant funds spent
Please describe how much grant money you spent for approved expenses, and tell us what you spent it on.
- See the link to disbursement of project fund.
Do you have any remaining grant funds?
Anything else you want to share about your project?